ordered a car at msrp!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by actionjack99, Sep 8, 2015.

1. actionjack99

actionjack99 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hi gang,

i ordered a car at msrp but it wasn't a hellcat. i ordered a black mustang gt350 with tech package and a cover. the ford dealer had one for msrp.

i had put down a deposit at a dodge dealer to be first on his list for a 2016 a8 challenger in april and in august when the order backs opened up we ordered a black a8. unfortunately, the order got cancelled
    and he recently reordered but he wasn't sure if the order went through or if it was even for an automatic.

he said he was going to call me when things got figured out. ooooookkkkkkkkaaaay.

in the mean time i ordered the shelby when i was offered an allocation.

the ford dealer is confident i will have a car by spring. finally feels like a win for a change.

the adm didn't turn me off since you can decide to buy or not buy but the total lack of communication
    was unacceptable. if the challenger finally comes through at least i will be in a position of abundance.

just a little update.

cheers,

cl

2. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Actually I was going to pull the trigger on a GT350R but couldn't find one, that's what I really wanted. Then I thought I'd configure a GT350 just like an 'R' except for the carbon fiber wheels. But I did some research and found out that the 5.2L FPC engine is maxed at 526hp, they shaved 10lbs of material out of the block just to make it lighter so it won't even take some E85 and a little spray. So I changed my mind and ended up purchasing a Hellcat allocation, exactly like I want, the very next day...for MSRP.

Best of luck.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    these are definitely first world problems. cars are a great way to meet people and make new friends and this forum and the hellcat, even though i don't have a hellcat, has expanded that for me so i'm grateful.

cl

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats on the GT350..nothing to compare with a HC in a straight line im sure, but bang for the buck= a great deal....

5. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think you nailed it on the head with value per money. i think a hellcat is an american super car and a gt350 is a performance car that competes with an m4.

i'm coming from multiple m3's and based on reviews the gt350 is an m4 killer considering the m4 costs 30k more. i wanted a hellcat because i wanted more of a cruiser then a twitchy sports car and a change of pace.

the gt350 will scratch the shelby itch and i figure i could always trade in for a hellcat sometime in the near future.

not a super car but still a good sports car.

cl

6. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the GT350. What a great car!

7. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wanted a GT350R so I could have something I could both road race (lighter) and drag race (lighter), but when I found out that I couldn't increase the horsepower, that was it for me. My awesome girlfriend said buy a Hellcat...and build a road-race car, track only. She's a keeper. My son came up with the idea of a 2400lb Nissan 240SX with an Chevy LS engine, probably supercharged, drops right in, with a T56. Saw one in Dallas today that makes 870+ rwhp...in a 2400lb car...insane. And they handle really well and have tons of aftermarket parts like Mustangs and Camaro's.

8. pumacat

pumacat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry, for your loss. Mopar or no car.

9. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Soon as I can afford it, I'm putting a small block in my NA '91 Miata. Like I don't have enough to do.
    L J

10. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats,

It will be a good car for you I have several SVT cars that I ordered from ford and they came in almost to the day! Not like my hellcat, which by the way was thru the Ford dealer who has a sister dodge store. They hooked me up since I have so many SVT cars in the stable. Its really a different animal but fun no less. Maybe more so ( if that makes sense)

11. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the difference between joy and despair is expectations.

my expectations have been reset and i'm all centered now :)

i rather have a hellcat but i never had a shelby mustang either.

cl

12. Russ8420

Russ8420 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got my 2015 hellcat at msrp. Put my deposit down 7-20-2015. I have the vin and mine is getting built. It's all about using the right dealership and you have to get a good salesman at that dealership.

• Like Like x 1
  13. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i can assure you i wasn't looking for the wrong dealership with a bad salesman. allocations, adm's, waiting etc... is nothing new for me. try buying a ferrari at msrp.
    that makes buying a hellcat seem like childs play.

the difference is they tell you exactly which hoops to jump through. with the hellcat, it seems like they are making it up as they are going along.

my dealer is a reputable dealer in the northeast and sell numerous vipers as well as hellcats. i was dealing directly with the their srt rep and he came highly recommended. everything went smoothly and as expected until the order got cancelled. i have no doubt their intentions are fine but they are probably getting conflicting info and they didn't want to tell me something until they were completely sure.

i just didn't feel like waiting.

if i saw the post about the new hampshire msrp allocations, i would have called and put a deposit down. unfortunately for me, i didn't see the post until it was too late. i'm happy for the people who got an allocation and i hope to see them on the streets. just hope i don't get passed by too fast :)

cl

14. Russ8420

Russ8420 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well I hope you find a hellcat. I am sure not all dealers are sold out. The dealer in west valley utah has a black hellcat coming in its a dealer car 2016. I think they want more than msrp. It was available the other day call them

15. Russ8420

Russ8420 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They called because I was on there waiting list but I already had a vin on a 2015