Ordered mine today - under MSRP

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by RadCat, Dec 12, 2014.

1. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got a VON and POC (priced order confirmation). Now the waiting phase 2 begins (waiting until now was phase 1). Dunno if it will pan out, but I have a sold order in the system. This is from a smaller dealer. $1k over Invoice (cheaper than MSRP), $1000 refundable deposit (until D1 status). 4 orders in front of me.

I was able to order the Brass Monkey and Black Laguna along with NAV and red belts.

• Like Like x 7
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    outstanding!:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't realize it when he was giving me the final pricing on the phone, that I'm actually paying below MSRP. I'm paying $1000 over invoice, but invoice price is almost $3000 less than MSRP! I was thinking Invoice and MSRP were going to be the same, as if he were using them interchangeably. But once I looked at my POC (priced order confirmation), I saw there were two columns for pricing, the MSRP and the FWP (this was what I paid). So I don't feel near as bad about what I though was '1000 over MSRP'. lol.

I'll use the savings to pay for the tag....or maybe towards a new set of drag wheels and slicks!

4. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If your order is through the same dealership I spoke to in OK today, you are 1 of 5 that have orders in BX. Said Dealership did not know when they would be getting their allocations. Could be months or up to a year according to the gentlemen I spoke with. He was great though, he seemed to be a straight shooter.

5. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I'm aware, but at least I'm in the system. And I am risking nothing. I can get my deposit back (in writing) anytime before I'm issued a VIN, so if I came across something, say on a Dealer lot in March/April, I could still get my deposit back if my order hadn't went to D1 status by then. RS said there would be 4 allotments. That means the 3rd one (since they are monthly now) will hit mid Jan, 4th mid Feb. So hopefully in March they will start building regular sold orders and be done with this allotment crap. I'm willing to wait a while extra to get my car with the exact options that I want.

• Like Like x 1
  6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    but this cant be.....too many members here said the car will never go under sticker......same with dealers...all told me it never will.....something is wrong with the universe where you live....

congrats on the deal.....soon more and more posts like this will appear......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 707HEMI

707HEMI Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are some fair guys out there... POC and VON in my name @ dealer cost ... No Mark up... They will give me Market value on my 2012 trade in... Hopefully they don't take it out on me on the back end...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, my dealer is a smaller-town shop, sells mainly trucks and Jeeps, but they are honest, straight shooters. Lots of my friends and family will ONLY buy their vehicles there because of the quality service. And because they are small, they haven't gotten an allotment yet...and maybe they never will, but at least I'm in the system SOMEWHERE. These guys consider the invoice price what others consider MSRP I guess. Like I said, I had no idea of the way their price related to MSRP and that it was under MSRP until I looked at my POC printout.

9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My POC said the same thing, But the dealer sold it at MSRP, The dealer will not be reimbursed by dodge if they sale it under MSRP,, I really hope you do get it under, This will be the first I have heard of. Please stay on board and enjoy the site

10. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not quite. Their profit is about 5% by selling $1000 + Invoice. Holdback 3% below Invoice is being earned by the dealership which is $1800+ per Hellcat starting with a base model 6-speed. Tack on the $1000 and this dealership is earning $2800+ per Hellcat sell, at least. And kudos to them for that.

They are really upfront and honest. It was refreshing to deal with them after having gone through the $85,000 ($20,000+ sticker) in Oklahoma City fiasco. We are #2 on the list.

• Like Like x 4
  11. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Raysazoo, you need to message me when you find out when yours is coming in (a day or three ahead of time). I want to drive over there and watch them unload it and you drive it off. I'll shoot video for you.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats RC!! Now the fun waiting game

13. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well... I don't know how fun it will be...but it will definitely be a waiting game....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We will keep you entertained , HCDC, will post videos of his car next week,hint hint

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only if you upload yours first :)

• Funny Funny x 1