Ordering in march but a query

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Dickie, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Dickie

Dickie Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm looking to order come March. My query is, is it far better to order from a dealer who's had at least one car in stock already? Hopefully the current situation should have improved by then.

2. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not to bring you down, but if you order in March and you get it in 2015 you will be pissing off a lot of people !!! :D

It is very hard to get a Hellcat, many of us ordered it in September of last year and still waiting.

Good luck !!

3. Dickie

Dickie Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, I'm hoping the initial allocation issues will have begun to have gone away a bit by then as it's some 3 months away, and it seems some September orders are now being fulfilled, hence the question is it better to order from a dealer who has already had a car in?
    I'm very open minded on the spec which helps, although I want an auto not manual. Of note is there were a couple of dealers around my area that had cars on the lot just before Christmas, and they were at MSRP, of which I was pleased to see as I'd rather buy one off the lot than wait a year. I did see one NY dealer asking a $15k premium for a green one, but I see it's still for sale.
    Keeping my fingers crossed. If the delays too long then a Jeep SRT8 is my second choice option. Any opinion on whether it's more sensible to buy form a dealer that's already had one in, as that's what I was looking to find out.
    Thanks,

4. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Suggestion is order now, you won't get the car before march anyways.

As far as the allocation goes, even Chuck Norris have no clue what they are doing. They may give to first few to large dealers then transition to small dealers in then go back and fulfil the September orders.... Who knows

One thing for sure is that they are not fulfilling the orders in the order they came in

5. Dickie

Dickie Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, sadly got to wait until March, until bonus time. Best of luck on your order - I had picked up on the forum that all is not well with the ordering process. I'm not too worried on the color as long as it's auto as I'm often in heavy traffic at some point during the day. The brass monkey wheels look nice but I could always buy them at a later date. Sat in a Black, manual one, which looked mean as hell (To quote my wife - who's paying by the way!!!). Thanks for the reply

6. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My own opinion is what really screwed the whole order process up was the sunroof issue, then the hood issue, now the laguna leather option issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. redkey

redkey Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't mean to sound unnecessarily disagreeable but IMO what really screwed the whole order process up was the whole order process.

I know there have been, and continue to be issues with various individual constraints, but i get the impression that if it wasn't one thing, it would have been another.

• Agree Agree x 1