Oregon Raceway Park road course video 05/29/2016

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by carcass, May 30, 2016.

1. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg I had a great time at Oregon Raceway Park yesterday!
    That is one heck of a road course, its the third course I've been to with the Challenger and my first time there. It can't be described with mere words.
    It's 2.5 miles 16 turns 400' elevation rise and fall, with short straight sections, and an S curve that's banked heavily they call "half pipe"
    My lap times improved throughout the day and I got to 2.07 minutes consistent by the end of the day, which leaves a lot of room for improvement, the car should be capable of two minutes flat. After reviewing the video I can see a couple seconds at least I should be able to pull out next time.
    I cant get enough of this car on the road course, if you're not doing it, get after it!
    first event with my new Nitto NT05 tires and they are a HUGE leap better from the stock three season Pirellis, the car is much more stable and has tons more grip, the feedback from the tires is better as well.
    The Barton Shifter I just put in is beyond words better than the stock, if you have a manual you owe it to the car and yourself to get one. Its a 100% improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  2. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thought these Gforces were pretty good, the best I've seen in the car thus far.
    I also hit 114 miles an hour in the main front straight, slower than Pacific Raceways or The Ridge Motorsports Park but its way more fun
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. cyabye

cyabye Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What tire size r u running

4. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those are good numbers. Watching the video, you have more! Keep driving Carcass, looks like you are having a blast with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ciphros

ciphros Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Have heard that the grass Valley course was a fun one. Looks like a nice track! I am at almost 1200 miles on mine now. Getting close to being able to take it out to play. Will have to look at autocross schedules and see when a good venue will be run.

Going to go do the Bondurant school this fall, then may be ready to think about stepping up to track days. Need some retraining of the brain first though. Too used to awd and turbo lag. Jamming the pedal to pull me out of the corner isn't going to be the proper method in this beast.

Until then, I keep living vicariously through your videos. Keep them coming!

6. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree. Those are good g numbers.

I highly recommend for you to get something like the OBDLINK LX so you can record parameters like braking, throttle percentage, engine speed, etc and Track Addict for GPS lap timing. You can then compare your best lap to any other in the session and pick out where you can go faster. Plus, it makes your videos look cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got track addict intending to use it with my go pro at the course this last weekend and unfortunately the cell service with AT&T is absolutely nada at Oregon raceway park, I was disappointed but I'll be going back on July 9th and 10th with Verizon instead

8. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank for sharing this video with us. I don't have a lot of time to do this however I would love to do it. I live part of my hellcat life through videos like this. Thank you for sharing your experience with me

9. carcass

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't believe I waited till I was 40 to start running on a road course. I keep thinking to myself why didn't I get a cheap little car when I was in my 20s to do this with. But I am sure glad I'm doing it now! I can't recommend it enough to those that haven't tried it.
    It's the most fun I've ever had in a car hands down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Totally agree. These cars are so much more fun on a road course than most owners seem to realize.

11. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm a fan!! Looks like lots of FUN!!