Over 9,000 2015 Challenger/Charger SRT Hellcat's Ordered

Discussion in 'Hellcat News and Site Announcements' started by cereal killer, Mar 12, 2015.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

[​IMG]
    This story is has some good news and not so good news all rolled into one. First the good news. According to Automotive News there have been over 9,000 orders placed for the Hellcat Challenger and Hellcat Charger at dealerships around the country. That's roughly $600,000,000 worth of Hellcat goodness for the 2015 model year. We here at Hellcat.ORG tip our hats to the fine folks at Dodge/FCA. This is unprecedented and has certainly exceeded all expectations. This train isn't slowing down either folks, it has only begun. Congratulations FCA!

So whats the not so good news? If you've spent any amount of time on the site you've seen all the threads and complaints. Too many dealerships have accepted orders for the Hellcat Challenger's/Charger's without making it clear that it might be a very long time before the car arrives. The forums are filled with upset customers who were left in the dark and had no idea about the allocation system and how it would effect them. As soon as a customer inquired about a Hellcat they should have been told -- on the spot -- that they may be waiting a long time. Instead some dealers took customers deposits with a smile said; "we'll keep you up to date on your order!" Water under the bridge at this point. As they work to fulfill the process based on their detailed allocation process things should settle down, but it's hard not to feel some of these customers pain. For all of you still waiting, the staff and community are pulling for you. Hang in there.

Everything isn't doom and gloom though. There are Hellcat Challengers and Chargers headed to dealerships without a buyer waiting for them, so look and call around. They are out there and will be out there. That's a given. Keep your eyes peeled to Hellcat.org as well, because on more than one occasion members have posted info about a Hellcat sitting on a dealers lot or one about to take delivery. Take advantage of the forums because you just may find the Hellcat you've been looking for.

Still waiting? Please tell us your story.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks shared on FB Hellcat page

• Like Like x 2
  3. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    600,000 ? Thinking mid seven figures at least. But point made.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That was $600,000,000.00!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's a lot a F n zeros baby!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    9,000 ordered
    1/4 are probably dealer orders(or more)
    1/4 are probably double orders.....some people may even be ordering more than 2...

9,000 # doesnt shock me...if they can build and ship 9,000 i think demand will be more than met.........

wonder how popular the Charger HC will be......will they sell more than the Challenger? my guess is they will sell 1/2 as much

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for posting this. I have said early on, my dealer would not take any more orders than he was allocated. I am still the only Hellcat in town and he is still waiting for his other allocations to be built. He did cancel one of them when the buyer had an order with him and another dealer and the other dealer got the build first. Instead of my dealer taking the car for his lot, he cancelled the order in hopes it would move up his next allocation for his next buyer. Its hard to reward those good dealers without penalizing poor buyers who have an order out with a greedy dealer that took more orders than they had allotments. Very frustrating for members that I have seen from the beginning sit here and watch all around them get their Hellcat and they are still with a VON only. My hope is that FCA can catch up to the demand fairly quickly. These are amazing cars and need to be enjoyed by the many car enthusiasts on this site.:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    why dont you just find one on the lot today?
    why complain to someone who most likely wont listen?
    people are picking them up daily all across the country...some for $5k over, some for msrp....

instead of complaining spend that time making phone calls every day.....what color and trans are you looking for? are you open to options?

i see posts almost daily of someone finding a HC on a lot somewhere for msrp....you will get your car....you just need to make weeklyphone calls and keep your eye on this website...

you ordered yours on 9/19/14 and i assume didnt get it yet.....i started my search officially 100% ready to purchase on 12/30/14 and bought mine for msrp on 1-4-15(6 days).......your either not trying as hard as some ? or being too fussy or just unlucky....

the time to dump your order was 2 months ago.....be open to more than 1 color, be open to options, be willing to pay $5k extra and ill bet youll have your car within a week if not tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not sure who you are referring to. I can't find anyone who comments about an order on 9/19. But if you are referring to one of the die hard Mopar fans, it is probably different for them than it is for you. To have a long time love for a brand or car and then have an opportunity to have something of this magnitude built and have a build sheet that recognizes that this vehicle was built specially for you, means a lot to some of the people here. I would not discredit their attempts to get the exact car they took the time to build and want to watch it through the process and bring it home. I agree there are quite a few on the lots that can be found for over msrp and a few here and that at msrp, but you have to understand that there is sometimes more to the story than just getting the fastest toy at this moment in time.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I see the problem. They are looking for loyal Mopar people. You haven't owned enough Mopar products to qualify for a Hellcat LOL (j/k of course)...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    didnt know you wanted b5.....i suspect your search is going to be a tough one.....great color choice...but limited production and very popular......you are correct dr.buick is the only one i know of...i didnt even know they were being produced yet until i saw his

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if you wait too long to have the special story there may be no special story for 2015 for you.....thats all im saying......

2016 will offer other cool colors and most likely some new improvements.....

having your name on the build sheet is not something that should stop you from finding it elsewhere.....not if you really want the car....im not much for the whole ordering process and learned my lesson earlier with Dodge......i see no purpose in ordering, for some there was an advantage, but for most there hasnt been

13. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The advantage would be to get in line for 2016 Huggy... Leave order in, look then cancel order if you find and buy one.

14. ResumeSpeed

ResumeSpeed Platinum Member Agent 707

Donate to this user:
    Donate money to this user
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only 22 B5 Blue Challenger HC's have been built to date...

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How many TorRed to date? Tks man.