"Over-sticker" sadness

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by BULL, Nov 9, 2015.

1. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a quick note to share my sadness. In the past two days, I've had two 2015 HC's within grasp, but with my unwillingness to pay substantially over sticker (I did offer $1250 over), I lost them to dealers asking between $5-10K over...

(Northern Colorado area dealers)

One was a white M6, this one didn't hurt too bad as it had BAD paint (orange-peel like I haven't seen in a long time among other issues), body damage front-left fender and body sealant in the trunk-lid rain gutter that was cracked and pulled back from the sheet metal, guaranteed rust magnet...

The other was a black M6, I didn't make the trip to actually see it, but my phone offer was beat out by someone who paid well over sticker sight unseen...

Maybe the madness will get better with the second batch of allocations on the 16's?

Maybe not...

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hang in there and monitor these threads. I'm sure it will happen for you. Where are you located? Colors and options?

3. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    MSRP is out there. Keep calling around to find what you want. I don't see it getting much easier in the next allocation period. The same dealers asking over MSRP now will be doing the same with the next allocation batch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was expecting to see pics of Hellcats with too many stickers all over them.

All you have to do is search the forum, plenty of MSRP offers from dealers and heads-up about dealers from other members. You can get a Hellcat at sticker if you look around. Best of luck.

5. BULL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Weld County, Colorado

(Edit: changed option list to more accurately reflect what I'm looking for...)
    (Edit2: removed dealer solicitation - HC obtained...) :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  6. Plum 16

Plum 16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I too believe that if you persevere, you can find a car at MSRP. That said, I would get some shipping quotes, travel costs if necessary, etc, to see how much it will be to be "all in", then compare it to what an ADM would be from a dealer close by.

I am not advocating paying over MSRP, but you have to look at it from a cost/benefit perspective. It's all about the numbers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I also live in CO. and had to drive 1000 miles to IL. to find my Hellcat, granted that was in early spring of this year when they were harder to find. Point is, don't be afraid to look outside of your state, because I can tell you from experience that the dealers here in CO. are getting over MSRP on almost all their Hellcat sales. I only know of two people here that have gotten one for MSRP and both of them ordered the car and waited months to get it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Challengerfarmer

Challengerfarmer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in Western Nebraska. Called every dealer back in September I could think of from Omaha, to Rapid City to the Denver area. I wanted to order a PCP A8 Challenger Hellcat. Most either didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them about allocations, or weren't honest about them, or they were wanting more then MSRP. A few were honest and told me they had more interested in Hellcats then they had allocations for. From watching this forum every day I found exactly the car I wanted and it should be on it's way to the dealership as we speak. I'm paying MSRP but it's going to be a 1200 mile trip to Ohio to drive my SRT for the trade in and then back home with the Hellcat. I'm watching the weather forecast very close as the time gets very near. I found out the front range area is a hard place to find the Hellcat you want for the price you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hankster

hankster Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I live in Erie,PA and the dealer just told me that no Hellcats are being built in November

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. CharlieS

CharlieS Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think that the tide is turning. This ADM thing won't keep going much longer. Oh, dealers may still asking for 5k -10k markups, but asking isn't getting. There are several on Ebay right now with mid 60k prices. Check the ones that are listed at over 70k...they aren't moving. Low-mileage used HCs are all over, with below list asking prices and still aren't moving quickly. Let's face it--the hardcore buyers have already bought or have orders in. There are nowhere near the waiting lists of buyers that there were a year ago. Meanwhile, the factory is still building cars.

My allocation isn't coming up until February and I don't care. I'll shop around during the winter and maybe I'll find a deal. It will have to go into storage until April, so the only way I'll buy before then is if I find exactly what I want at the price I want. What did they build for 2015--9,000+ Hellcats? Out of those 9,000, I'm sure there are more than a few with big fat monthly payments and will decide to unload them soon enough. These used Hellcats will be competing against brand new ones. I know I'm not buying a used one with 5000 miles on it for 65k if my brand new order is 68k. The discount has to be bigger or I won't touch it.

Supply will catch up to demand, and then buyers will have more leverage. Time is on our side. If you wait, you will get the deal you want. Sellers want you to get caught up in the "Buy now! There will never be another Hellcat available again!" hype. It's BS, and will be over soon. What sellers were getting in August or early September is not what the market is supporting right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ya none for that dealer LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mac Attack

Mac Attack Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in South Florida, This was March / April local dealer was 5k over and everything sold. Dealer a little further away was 25k over, I offered 17k and he refused.
    I am glad he did in the end. Dumb lucked in a dealer outside Atlanta 10K. I bit and bought knowing all the energy I had put into finding the color I wanted.
    Don't know if helps or hurts. Good Luck.

13. BULL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks gentlemen (and ladies?), I should remember my own lesson to myself. I've still got a '99 Ram 2500 Quadcab that took me well over 2 years to get, I finally walked into the Boulder dealership and ordered it when they offered it at a good price. (back then I choked on the "astronomical" $35K price... go figure)

For me, low-stress is worth a lot, I may wait until the "car finds me" instead of freaking out about where they are and not paying over sticker.

I think I agree with the statement that the market wont continue to hold like it is. Chevy and Ford are bringing out/have brought out competitors that will pull some of the HC buyers away as well.

I'm actually one of them, a Stingray or ZO6 looks damn nice.. (don't kill me..) I just don't want to be one of "those" guys, HC is far and away my first choice...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Barreth Chrysler Dodge, Washington, Missouri............'15 Bright White,M6, Black Laguna, Red Belts, Nav, Brass Monkey, Summer Tires
    Worth a call? 636-239-6500 You can view the car on their website.
    Maybe they are ready to sell.

Went to Platte Valley Junior High in Kersey. Learned Spanish and how to type.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  15. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    there are out there keep looking and flights are cheap right now if you travel for one