P zero Summer tires

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by WHT SNK, Nov 29, 2015.

1. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    what are your guys thoughts on these tires ? Are they worth the extra money or save the cash for a extra set of back rims and drag radials .
    Thank you.

2. zippy

zippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would suggest you save the money for some Drag Radials on the back

just my .02

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Save your money.

4. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have them and I would sav the money and go with a set of DR's

5. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The P Zero's are a good street summer tire... just no match for a Hellcat when you want accelerate hard. I agree I would save the money and get a good set of DR for the rear.;)

6. WHT SNK

WHT SNK Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Roger that thanks guys. :)

7. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get them and save for the front. They are actually a really good tire. The get nice and sticky when you beat on them on a nice twisty road. Just not very good for hard launches such as drag racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Put the drag radials on a spare set of rims. The p zero's are good for the street. One thing i hate about the radials is they limit your top speed to 150mph (speed rating).

9. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I posted this reply on the General SRT Topic section; but, I think is just as relative (if not more) to OP's question, thus I will add my 2 cents !!

I decided to forego Pirelli Summer tires and go with the standard factory Nero all season tires in the front only to decrease throwing rocks at that end of the car and swap off the all season tires in the rear in favor of Mickey Thompson 275-40-20 Street Comps.
    These tires handle great, are quiet, look great with about a 1" wider thread width and have a similar diameter, are fine in the rain and will improve traction over the summer tires; however, there're not full drag radials like the MT ET's so don't expect maximum traction capability.
    Will incorporate sections of Expel to protect paint where needed and a set of ZL1 rock guards in the back only.
    This combination is not the best way to maximize handling and braking due to the mismatch of tires but, that's not a priority for me.
    No matter what you decide it will ALWAYS be at trade off (pros & cons) ------- anyway this is what I FINALLY decided on !!
    Note: the summer tire option is $695.00 --------- the configuration I sighted cost under $500.00 balanced and installed ------- this gives you better rear tires and $200.00 in your pocket PLUS you'll have 2 new AS Pirelli's on hand ! ----------- fuel for thought !!!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dont waste your money on P0s....stock tires on the back (275's) are no good......save it for DR's

11. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After running my P Zero all seasons for a few weeks, I'm glad I have the summer version for summer.

12. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had the all seasons on my hellcat but it was downright dangerous with the car spinning the tires anytime I punched it from 0 up to about 50mph. ya, driving at 45 mph and punching, the tires broke loose.

So I put on some Nitto drag radials and it solved a lot of my traction problem.

But now its cold out. My hellcat still wears the all seasons on from, Nittos on the back but my 392 has summer tires all around. Will the summer tires kill me when the temps drop? I live in AR and it doesnt snow much (more ice than anything) but it does get down to the 20's and teens during the winter. So should I put the two all seasons that i took off the back of the Hellcat on the back of the 392 for safety reasons?

13. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've had traction issues on my summers when temps were below 50 degrees. They took longer to warm up and the ride was crazy bumpy. I now have all season Conti DWS's.

14. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The summer tires are Y rated, or 186 MPH. Those are the tires that they used when they took the car around a high-speed track to establish the verified two-way top speed. In the case of the Charger, it's 204 when corrected for wind.

I have the summer tires and they really don't like it when it gets chilly. In 40-50 degree weather, they tend to chatter quite a bit. I agree with just about everyone else. Even the stickiest radials out there that aren't DR's just aren't enough when you are talking about this much power in a car that weighs this much and has only 275's under it.