P0335 error code help please

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Lord Hellcat, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yesterday evening we drove up to Silverstone Race Circuit and stayed the night in a hotel just around the corner. Car drove absolutely fine as always. Drove to the circuit in the morning, no issues.
    We where there for a track day and I was there to test an old car that I will be racing at Spa Francorchamps the weekend after next.
    So my very good friend Nick had driven up from Bournemouth to spend the day with us and of course see the Hellcat for the first time. My plan was after lunch to do 4 or 5 laps around the Grand Prix circuit. Well that was the plan.
    So after lunch we wander over to the Hellcat and I fire it up. I said to Nick stand behind the car to get the full effect. The engine was cold but it was a little odd. It fired up but idled at 2000rpm and the exhaust note sounded a little weak. I tried blipping the throttle but it was like it was no longer connected to the engine. Just like a traditional throttle cable that had snapped. So I turned it off and restarted the car. Fired and ran as normal except I had the amber engine warning light lit and it through up a diagnostic code of P0335.
    Turned it off again. Got out of the car. Locked it up and unlocked it. Still showing a CEL.
    Bugger. So I let it warm up and took Nick for a short spin around the perimeter road to give him some idea of the performance. Car felt strong but I was not going to take a chances with it out on the circuit.
    So we drove home, about 80 miles. Car ran perfectly but the CEL was still on.
    Parked outside my house. Emptied the luggage. Re fired the car to put it away in the garage and the CEL went out.
    So the plan is Wednesday week to take the Hellcat to Spa. This issue has thrown a big spanner in the works as I really do not to break down and go through all the recovery crap again. Happened this time last year with another of my cars.
    My plea for help is how can I resolve this. Anyone else having this issue. Is it a crank position sensor problem. Your collective thoughts and ideas are very much appreciated.
    Many thanks Graeme

2. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    not sure if you have dodge dealers near you but this procedure needs to be done by a dealer.
    this was added to online database on friday:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    many thanks for this. But I think I am going to struggle on the dealer front. Shall I just order up and fit a new crank position sensor just in case ?

4. Lord Hellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Spoke with my good friend stateside. I will have a new crankshaft position sensor Monday. Hopefully fitted Tuesday. Worst ways we will take it with us. Ran the Cat Tuesday night. No engine light on and the car ran perfectly fine. Bizarre