P1611 again

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Racist Cat, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Racist Cat

Racist Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A few weeks ago I pulled up to my driveway, and was on the phone. Weather was nice, didn't want to idle, so I shut the car down and turn the car back to "run" so the head unit wouldn't time out. (I don't think it will time out if you are on the phone, but I wanted to look at the dash as the conversation was family related, but I was getting pretty bored)

Anyway, as I'm sitting there, the )¥( red light is flashing at me on the dash. I figured it was because the engine wasn't on and the ecm wasn't happy.
    I start the car, and the check engine light is on. A quick trip to the dealer, they reset the codes as the car shows no symptoms of anything being wrong, and no other codes.

Fast forward to today. I pull up to the gas station, pretty much on fumes. I wanted to see what fuel level meant how many gallons were in the tank.

I pull up, shut the car off, cycle the key to on, and start pumping fuel. I get about 2 gallons in and I check my gauge, about 1/4 tank, and there it is.. The )¥( flashing rapidly on the dash. 1/2 tank about 7 gallons, topped off, I squeezed 16.9 gallons into the car.

I get in, cycle the key off, fire it up, and check engine light. Code p1611.

Funny I'm only getting this code in an engine off state. Engine runs fine.

2. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Useful Useful x 1