SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Paddle issue now at dealership

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  AER 
#1 ·
Brought the charger over to Eastchester Dodge and after talking with their Viper rep it will now be there until Friday so they can solve the downshit on the + paddle problem. Will let you know what I hear

#3 ·
It has had the transmission flash back in early June. When I called White Plains CJD they informed me they would only give me a loaner if I bought an extended warranty from them. One phone call to Dodge and that manager is having a very bad day right now. As I tell my teams, you never know whom is on the other end of a phone and being nice is free.

#4 ·
Have you read up on this topic? Not saying that previous parts on other cars that had no affect won't fix yours but they should try the steering wheel harness to paddles which may only be had with getting a new wheel. But I'm sure that the Service Manager won't listen to advice from their loaner bs

#5 ·
Actually went to Eastchester instead of White Plains and they were great. The guy was looking at the forum while we were talking. I didn't have an appointment and the SRT Viper tech came out and talked for like 20 minutes and said he was calling the tech line right away

#7 ·
Hope we get a confirmed fix for this issue. I used mine for the first time last night for a reasonable distance. Realised that if you leave it in D after a minute or so it defaults back to full auto so knocked it over into manual mode. All seems well at the moment with no issues so far

#8 ·
Another one, sorry to hear. I'm beginning to think we may have a significant problem that's under-reported... not many drivers regularly using the paddles.

FYI, a new set of paddles did not cure the problem in my A8.

Rich

#9 ·
I use the paddles several times nearly every day for 2-3 minutes. Have not had an issue yet, but certainly aware that it could occur. Let us know what happens. My info is on my signature...Thanks;)

#10 ·
I've been having this same issue intermittently for the last couple of days. Seams to happen when going from 3-4 then downshifts to second. Taking to dealer this week.

#11 ·
Dealer just called. There were two parts broken in the steering wheel. Certainly the button on the left side to preselect radio stations was broken, and he said they ordered a part for the paddles that was also broken. We were talking so fast he didn't tell me which one. He did say however that it is a backordered part. They were very clear it is a physical part problem as best they can tell.

#12 ·
Nice to know your having a bad experience with White plains CJD, I bought my hellcat from them and they've been hell since day one. Been trying to get them to do warranty work and they never call me back or refuse to give me paperwork stating any of it. I guess i should just call eastchester

#13 ·
Dealer just called. There were two parts broken in the steering wheel. Certainly the button on the left side to preselect radio stations was broken, and he said they ordered a part for the paddles that was also broken. We were talking so fast he didn't tell me which one. He did say however that it is a backordered part. They were very clear it is a physical part problem as best they can tell.
It'd be great to get the part #s, next time you talk to them. Thanks for the update.

#14 ·
I just recently started to have that issue. Started last week intermittently. Downshifts from 3-2 or 2-1 sometimes when I'm in manually going through the gears. I never had it until basically last week. Is it maybe when we get to a certain mileage that is happening?

#15 ·
I would bring it to the dealer right away. I can tell you that having the car downshift when it should upshift when you are going 90 and accelerating is a really easy way for the back of the car to decide it wants to become the front of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.