Paint Protection?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by chaos03, Aug 15, 2015.

1. chaos03

chaos03 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What are you all using for paint protection? I'm looking into things like Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest but I have not found a definitive "best" yet? What do you all think about the products that you've used to keep your cat looking show room floor ready?

2. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the car, praying you make it home safe!
    My pb charger got cquartz finest and suntek clear bra.
    Looks great, only been 30 days, so hard to say how long it'll last, but WAY better than new with shine and ease of cleanup. The biggest thing seems to be paint correction first. Made a huge difference on my car. Not sure about others choice of finish (wax, liquid glass, etc.) protection, but I'm really enjoying ease of cleaning and drying. Bird bombs haven't made a mark yet, but I try to clean as soon as seen. All on a daily driver parked outside during the day in sunny so cal!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. chaos03

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

Thanks for the information. I'm still in the research phase so stuff like what you just told me is a big help.

4. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've begun researching as well. Seems the paint correction is what's most impt. Gets out swirls etc. The top coat can be wax or one of the ones you mentioned.

I talked to a guy who does detailing on the opposite coast for a true opinion as there was no sale in it for him. He said if it's a daily driver these expensive technologies could make sense. If it's hardly driven not as much.

He also raised the question of the supposed guarantee and what that really means. What will they actually do and what do they guarantee? If there is a bird dropping that leaves a mark will they wet sand it out and reapply the CQuartz?

He also said people are very emotional about their cars until they get some imperfections then they tend to go back to the car wash etc

I also called an exotic car dealer and they dont use any of these new technologies and their cars look like glass too.

I also would like to hear more on the topic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Cquartz on mine

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. chaos03

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So you trusted Cquartz to protect your precious B5 blue. Does such a slow color even need protection? :D:p:cool:;)
    How are you liking the results so far?

7. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Water flies off like rainX on windshield when you wash it, really nice. No waxing for at least 2 years

B5 Blue quickest and best color made;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. KatKrazy

KatKrazy SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    C Quartz Finest on Ivory challenger. They had just finished a Sublime Chally and looked absolutely impeccable. Darker colors really show what a good paint correction can do.
    My Cat looked great when I picked it up but you get snow blind looking at it. I paid my $1000 and left my 2004 35,000 mile E 55 AMG for a good detail job. Now I have taken very good care of her over the years but my jaw dropped when I first saw it ! It looked almost
    as good as the Hellcat and all for $159. So it has to be the guy with the buffer and the
    C Quartz (hopefully) supplies the long lasting protection.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Gary Cooper

Gary Cooper Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did Ceramic Pro on my '13 Viper (Shadow Blue Pearl), my Charger Hellcat (Bright White) and my '15 Grand Cherokee (Cherry Red). Love it. So easy to keep clean, no water spots, and the track rash comes right off. No paint swirls any more on the Viper. All three cars look like they have a new wax all of the time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. DrumHellCat

DrumHellCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg C Quartz Finest (and Xpel)! Just picked my 'cat up today. It looks INCREDIBLE! The entire car looks like a mirror. I have to wait 24hrs before I can wash it so I don't yet know how the water beading properties will react but it looks fantastic. Thanks to Jed at Mobile Reflections in Calgary, Alberta.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Liquid glass for me as I could not find a local shop to do the CQuartz and I know what to expect with LG. If I could have found a local shop I may have gone CQuartz but would have needed to see, and touch a CQuartz car before I would have pulled the trigger to know I was getting better than I can do myself.
    I do wish I had done a full hood bra vs 1/2 or wondering if I needed the bra at all as I think the cat paint is on the thick side and I do not tailgate but the line in the hood bugs me.

Also, I wish someone with a CQuartz bright white ( not tri coat) will post a pic as I would like to see the CQuarz on a white car as those are hard to reflect unlike black and dark colors.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. chaos03

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the pics. That really does look great. I'm still looking forward to getting mind done but I think I'm gonna have to travel about an hour for it. Everything that I've read and watched so far says it is definitely worth the cost and the protection is great.

• Like Like x 1