Palm Beach County Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Ricardo Piquant, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I get a get a call about an hour ago from a big dealer in Palm Beach County.... saying they had a sublime green auto that some dood ordered and backed out of. They tell me 73680 plus TTT. I ask em what is msrp. They tell me its 10k over sticker!

They sold it to some bloke 15 min later - of course I refused to pay that rediculousness.

Kinda made me mad as i've bought 5 vehicles from this particular dealership over the years. I wouldn't have bought the sublime green anyhow but its just a matter of principle.

I guess my '14 satin vapor 392 will have to do for a bit hehe. poor me.

2. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a typical story with dealers right now..

3. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it just doesn't seem like a good business strategy. Sure they may make out in the short run - but word spreads around.

plus - I heard the original guy who ordered it lost his deposit! The dealer refused to refund it! The dealer probably will end up making 15-20 over sticker on this.

I won't buy from them anymore. I'd rather travel the country to a good dealer with integrity and good business practices - matter of fact i think it'd be neat to drive the car home 1000+ miles and make a cool trip out of it.

4. nino

nino Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ricardo which dealer

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so they make $1000-1500 profit from you for a normal car and lose you for life as a customer...what are they out? a few thousand....they are making $20 markup and $5k normal profit....your pissed and saying your done...so they lose $3k on you over your lifetime...they just made $25k in 10 minutes

the free market is working, but they do need to be a bit nicer to normal customers too.......if i were them id simply say 'the market is crazy and were selling at market prices...can i take your name and ill call you when prices come back to earth'.......thats how id handle it...be nice about it and act like you care about the customer......

6. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    huggy - if anybody understands the free market its me. I've got a PHD in economics. But your logic isn't exactly accurate. first of all, I'm not "pissed." I just don't agree with the model. I buy a lot of cars and they aren't just losing 3k by me saying no to them. Maybe over a lifetime I would have bought 50 cars and/or trucks from them. Both personally and for my business. But there's more....

hey - god bless 'em for getting 20 k over sticker if thats what somebody will pay. But its not just me. I've got quite a few friends who also got the call, and who I would imagine were also were turned off. They have friends too. Theoretically speaking, maybe they'll lose the sale of 20 vehicles.... maybe 200 vehicles... Maybe 500? I don't know and can't say for sure because it causes a ripple effect.

nino - I don't want to say who the dealer was because I don't want to give them "coverage." But if you live in Palm beach county its an easy guess.

Call me old fashioned but I just don't pay over msrp. I've bought lots of cars from lots of dealerships. never paid over sticker. But hey - like I said and you said - if some blokes wish to pay over sticker that's their right. But as you alluded to - they should be nice to customers who are regulars. I personally don't feel as though I was spoken to nicely. That just my personal, humble, honest opinion.

But we get back to the free market principle. Maybe those dealers who refuse to charge over msrp (and who incidentally also charge what the manufacturer thinks is a fair price) will end up ahead of the game in the long run. Maybe those guys will get those 50, 200, or 500 sales in the future because we remember how nice, fair, and cool they were about all this.

The hellcat is a luxury so its not like its a need for me. If I can get one for what I believe is a fair price I will. If not, I won't. Its all good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Therein lies the problem..... Some of these clowns have NO principles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Its true. This incident reminds me of that show "who wants to be a millionaire."

There are people who play the game, pick all the right "cases" and get amazing offers - but inevitably greed rears its ugly head. The allure of more instant money is unavoidable... insatiable. And what happens? They usually end up losing big and look like they want to cry. I bet theres been divorces over it. There's some analogous themes I think here.

The free market as great as it seems, isn't without its flaws.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    tell your HC brothers here on this forum to stop paying $5k-20k over sticker and making it tough for the lowly $60,000 buyers like us to get one......most of the guys here who actually now own a HC paid over sticker.

if you can take your business elsewhere thats the best way to hurt them....i know of several dealerships id never buy from due to bad salesman experiences.....i think right now everyone is $20k over except for Fredericks scat pack...he always seems to get the most SRT's and is the most fair with everyone over the years

10. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I keep hearing good things about Mr. Frederick.... perhaps I will check him out a bit down the road. I'm just not going north for now because I hate the cold (hence I live in south florida). It seems so many on here vouch for Mr. Frederick. I long for a pleasant car buying experience! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i believe he had 10 hc allocations...maybe 15......i would have been the last one if i was willing to pull the trigger....i asked him if he could get it delivered locally and he said no......i figured he could just setup the delivery to a local Dodge dealer and he could reimburse them for the prep.....sounds like it doesnt work that way.

ive been hearing about him for 4 years now...never heard anyone bad mouth him

13. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dallas Dodge is MSRP. There are even some dealerships below sticker already. Just have to find them or have them referred :). Laukemper Motors in Mound City, MO (Lee) as already mentioned about about doing a below sticker, group buy.