Parking outside

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by hunterjr81, Feb 7, 2016.

1. hunterjr81

hunterjr81 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So this weekend I'm driving my new hellcat to visit my parents. I can't park it in a garage there and was wondering what covers you guys use or recommend? My parents house has a number of oak trees so I want to protect it from falling acorns and small limbs. Not to mention I hate leaves getting in every nook and cranny. What do you use to protect your car outside?

2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought a ~80 buck car cover at a local car store. It's microfiber underneath and breathable. It also is a tiny bit thick and could asborb light impacts (Such as small acorns). I ended up giving it to a friend for it's exact purpose, Emergency coverage.

If you care about your paint anally like some people (Even to a point me), Putting a car cover on your paint with mild dust or more can lead to micro scratching on the clear coat. Car covers should generally only be used for storage time right after a proper detailing of the car. For your situation though, A car cover would be less work then dealing with any tree sap, small limbs or acorns causing any damage. (Small tree limbs and acorns can cause damage to paint by falling and sliding across the car).

The damage of the dirt+car+car cover can be easily imagined as the dirt sits on-top of your paint. When you put the car cover on your sliding it across your car in which the car cover is grabbing the dirt and sliding it between your cover and your car's paint. Which is why i generally only recommend car-covers for emergency situations OR long-term storage.

Care of car-covers is just like microfiber towels and sometimes more anal then them depending on what your cover is made out of. Don't over-spend especially if this may be the only time you use it.

• Agree Agree x 2