passenger carseat broken 5 days after delivery of hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by owet's hellcat, Jan 10, 2016.

1. owet's hellcat

owet's hellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What can I say, I'm a little bit disappointed, was at the 3rd stage of break in, punched the car a little and then passenger sit starting sliding back and forth along with back rest not locking. Went to dealer and they said they had to open up the seat and check the cables. I'm concerned that they will damage the leather, hopefully that won't be the case. Another bummer was I had to postpone trip that I already set up for me and my family to finish the break in process. Just wanted to share and know if anyone else had this problem with their challenger hellcat and give some advice?

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    just inspect their work when they are done...maybe let them know your concerned and will be inspecting their work.....i have had people damage my cars while fixing other parts......so your concern is real

issues happen.....you bought a Dodge....it wont be your last issue

3. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why do people always think the worst about shops? Do you fear the dentist will slice your neck? Do you fear your accountant will screw up your taxes? You guys worry way too much.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. owet's hellcat

owet's hellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll probably talk to the service manager I did
    ill probable talk to the service manager and the tech who'll do the work. A little issue here and there would be ok, hopefully nothing major. With what you said about dodge realibility I'm feeling more like a genius now getting that warranty extended to 8 years

5. owet's hellcat

owet's hellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just from past experience I guess plus this is my baby but I guess you're right a little trust won't hurt. Hoping for an uneventful service