Passenger seat not comfortable

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Alain, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Alain

Alain Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Finally got my Challenger Hellcat, awesome. Like everything about it except one thing, my wife complains about the passenger seat . No adjustment ... Seat does not go back as far as driver's, lumbar not ajustable ,( This create problem with headrest position when I hit the gas) Any suggestions New girl not an option!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf VIP Hellcat Member

Running hard ... in the Wasteland of my Mind.
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :rolleyes: Where do we start ... ?

First, never let the wifey near your Cat again. Amazingly, 99.9% of your problems are therefore solved. :cool:

Second, the only seat in your Cat that matters, comfort-wise, is the one facing the steering wheel. Everything else is unimportant.

Third, if the wifey has to have a vehicle with a seat that's comfy and super adjustable, get her a cute little Dodge Dart. It's essentially a Charger HC look-a-like, but a lot less spendy. Tell her it's got some secret-squirrel supercharger that's designed for mall runs, school parking lot burn-outs, and last-minute grocery-getting.

She'll love you for it. ;)

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. GiveEmHell

GiveEmHell Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    o_O Harsh bro, harsh. I do see a lot of Darts around though and people seem to really like them. Now I know that when some Dart drivers were eyeballing me today they were probably thinking "Hey, that car is just like mine". :)

4. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My Charger has power passenger seat and is more adjustable than your Challenger's. However, the passenger seat doesn't go back as far as the driver's seat. I'd like to fix that but have not investigated my options yet. I'm wondering if I can put a pair of driver's side seat tracks under the passenger seat. In the old days we could just move the seat tracks but can't do that on this one since it bolts to the back of the floor hump. Anybody else looked into this yet? I wonder what engineer decided to build it this way and why.

5. Jettster

Jettster Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like your girl is what we like to call down south "a tall drink o' water". The passenger seat is limited in travel due to the sliding mechanism that allows access to the rear seat. Not for nothing but it is a huge improvement in function from my 2010 SRT8. Adjustable headrests for and aft, not just up and down would be a nice touch-maybe a vendor will step up...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The challenger pass seat sucks. It fits you weird. When my wife drives I can't get comfortable, I hate the angle. The driver seat sits so much more comfortable and fitting. I'm 6 feet tall and hate the pass seat. It's like a broken lazy boy or broken L shape. It's weird and absolutely not comfortable. I'm thinking of swapping seats and if it works then buy a second driver seat. It's like the seat doesn't let you get your butt sitting down in the seat and your thighs are slightly higher like the driver seat, which it doesn't. It feels like the seat is tipping forward and you will fall out of the seat.

Marks professional review!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

have her sit in the back??

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm thinking about a Sparco Evo 3 for myself and a matching passenger seat. and removing the rear seat altogether.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. cat8you

cat8you Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My 130 lb rottweiler seems to like the seats.Doesn't complain,slobbers everywhere though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Look into a seat pad or seat cushion and maybe just maybe that will help. And that's too bad sorry to hear.

11. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was surprised that the Challenger Hellcat could not be ordered with a power adjustable passenger seat.... I would have paid a little extra for that convenience option...

This is my only, minor gripe about the car. I love my Hellcat... My Precious!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I also would pay extra for a power seat on the passenger side of the Challenger. Totally agree it needs the lumbar adjustment to it. Doesn't make sense not to have this as an option or and add on for these cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Johnman

Johnman Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does your wife also complain about the pea under her mattress? Geez, some people...

14. Jackski64

Jackski64 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any thoughts about investing in a roof rack? I promise that at highway speeds you will not hear anymore complaints.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. yellaheep

yellaheep Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We just got back from a 1400 mileroad trip. My wife was miserable too! Lack of lumbar was the issue as well. Unlike some of you jerks (lol)...... I like my wife and was bothered that I could crank up the lumbar in my seat and she could not.

I'm gonna look into having an aftermarket lumbar air bladder added to the pass seat. I think Katzkin does them.

• Agree Agree x 1