People are funny

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by isawondfl, Apr 9, 2015.

1. isawondfl

isawondfl Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well yesterday was my first day to prowl around and talk to people about doing some work on my HC.
    Now you have to understand that I am an older lady and a HC should not be my choice in a car. LOL
    I went to the car wash and saw a few people there that know me and my Mopar 12. They were sort of confused at first. LOL
    I went to an auto parts place to get a cover and they didn't even know what the car was. Don't think I will go there again.
    One young man, a customer, of 25 yrs old said, "I have to give it to you, you have great taste in cars". I thanked him and asked him why he chose his new BMW? He could not answer. LOL
    Then I went to my tire place, to get prices on rims and tires for the track. They had asked me to bring the HC in when I got it. One of the young men said, "I thought you were blowing smoke, your Mopar would be enough power for people your age". LOL Should I be insulted? NOT!
    I then went to my "Weather Guard" guy. He was brushing me off as I was asking about the tints and floor guards. He sighed and finally said, "for what car, your Jeep?". I said "no my HC". Oh my, a canon went off. He ran out the door and was smiling like a fool. Asked if he could take some pics of it. And he wanted to see the engine. I felt he needed a bit of a brushing off, just as he gave me, and finally said sure.
    I went to another parts place to see if they had a cover. That guy told me he was not a big Mopar guy. Then he realized what I was telling him. He all of a sudden changed his mind and wanted to try the cover on to make sure it fit. I got my cover.
    Lastly, I went to my airbrush man. This stop was my last and it was the longest. There were no less than a dozen guys going nuts. Some had phones and wanted to tease some of their friends with pics and taunting. 2 of the friends are muscle car collectors. It was so much fun listening to them all.
    The bad part is that he is totally booked until next month to do my job. I could have cried when he said that.
    The best part of the whole day was when I pulled into the yard, my son greeted me with, "the garage is cleared out. You can park both cars in the garage". How happy was I to hear that? Elated. LOL
    Then he proceeded to say "I knew if I didn't do it you would not let me drive it again". LOL How to burst my bubble. LOL NOT!
    Easter we had a family cruise day. Son, daughter-in-law and grand daughter all had a chance to take a spin/drive it. On our roads, my son and myself could only get 125mph out of it. Grand son drove it yesterday. Out of all of us, the grandson is the only one who didn't want to push it.
    That's my story and I am sticking to it. LOL
    I hope you folk don't mind my sharing here.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 8
  2. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You have a great story and this is certainly the right place to share it, Thank You for sharing. You are correct that people are funny, I live in a small community somewhat like Mayberry and get looks and comments constantly about my current car 08 Super Bee. I cannot fathom how the folks around here are going to react to the Hellcat when she does arrive nut there are plenty of people that i have talked with who are just chomping at the bit to have a look when that day happens. Thanks again for sharing your story and Congratulations on your new addition !

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

And why not? We girls can love gorgeous, fast, cars, too! LOL!

Sounds like you had a fun time, and I agree, these HellCats certainly do draw a huge crowd! I do not mind the crowds, questions, and cell phones for the most part, but the hold up does get annoying when I am running errands on a time table! :D

April

4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That is a beautiful story. What color is the Charger? Got pics?

5. themarshall

themarshall Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is a great post. The fact that you are -- years young reminds me of a song about a lady that had a brand new super stock dodge she would give them a length ahead start," then shut them down". Since you spoke about Easter weekend, and that you had grandkids let me close with parts of the same song.------------------Go Granny Go Granny Go Granny Go---. We all want to hear more about your H.C.

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I LOVE YOUR STORY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING ITS AWESOME!!!! I COULD PICTURE IT LIKE A MOVIE AND TYPING IN CAPS SAYS HOW HAPPY I AM LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What a FUN Grandma!!!!!

8. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice story!

9. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    great story!

10. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    great story but you set yourself a high standard. I now expect a post like that everyday telling us of your hellcat adventures:):)

11. isawondfl

isawondfl Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I posted this a few days ago. I don't know where it went.LOL
    20150404_192401.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. isawondfl

isawondfl Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I found another guy to do the paint job that I want . I meet with him in the morning.
    I don't want to wait a month to get it done.

13. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Excellent story! Glad you are enjoying your Hellbaby! Can't wait to hear about your track experience.:)

14. isawondfl

isawondfl Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Always allow at least a 1/2 hour extra. LOL Some even want to see the battery in the trunk. Go figure!

15. isawondfl

isawondfl Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have to wait on that track stuff, Tammie. I have a car hauler that has to be emptied out and cleaned, new tires and all.
    I also want to hit at least 500 miles before really getting on it. Silly I know but after seeing the bugs on this forum, I want to be over protective with him.

• Agree Agree x 1