People on Ebay bidding over $70K on used

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Texhellcat, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Texhellcat

Texhellcat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't believe some of the bids on Ebay. Used Hellcats bidding has gone over $70K on some. Now that's wanting a car awfully bad! And with used you know it's had some tire burning miles with zero break-in. I can see where some of these have been taken WOT even while the engine is cold. And too they will be considered 2nd owner. Not ideal for resale. To each his own I suppose!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It s a free market system. I would not let mine go for six figures ( right now )

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    OMG...not WOT a little after you started the engine!!! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Texhellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the people that are selling these very low mileage cars bought as an investment. And of course they had to try it out and not caring how they treated the car. Buying used is fine but buy from someone you know bought the car for their personal use so the possibility of abuse is less likelly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As I recall, this same crazy nonsense happened when the 1st SRT's came out. A lot of people bought them as "investments" and some made a quick buck on 'em. 18 months later, they were sitting on dealer lots & you could get one @ invoice just by showing up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Texhellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Exactly! It's ok to want a car but to want one so badly you are willing to be raped on the deal even if you have more than enough money IMO is ridiculous. I like to feel good about my car buying experience. And how can you when you've paid over MSRP on a used, abused, 2nd owner car!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That will probably happen with these unless something bad happens ( with epa or other agency )

8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Or production gets cut off completely in a year due to parts shortage

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same thing with the 13/14 gt500. It was a feeding frenzy when they came out. I waited a year and walked right on the lot and could picked between 6 different ones. This car will be no different, GTR same story. Dose anyone remember the viper a couple years back??? 30k over? Now they are offering something like 20k off! it always goes this way. The "investments" people will milk this for what it worth. They know in 6 more month the game will be over. The side story is a lot of people get in a panic and pay these bloated prices think it will be the unicorn that got away. These are the same people that will be selling there cars in about 2 years and are asking what MSRP is today. and in return will be stuck with them. get on SVT performance and go the the GT 500 section you will see them there. Get on corvette forum. same story there. Oh wait!! remember the gallardo? yea and thats a lamborghini !!! you can now buy a 04/05 in the high 80s. The best thing that we can to as a community is to not take part in this BS. Thats from dealers or private party. I can see 5k over on a new car if you really want it. but 10,15k? that is a bad financial decision. Let alone paying over MSRP on a used??? I don't care how much money you have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know that IHI is ramping up production. If they can't keep up there are pleanty of other super charger manufactures out there. as far as interior? They can always just come with stander seats. They only way that I see this not running for another year is the EPA. thats just my OP. I do think thats why the 13/14 t500 is no more.

11. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I may soon list my Hellcat for sale. If so ot will be above msrp. Too cover what I have into car not to profit.

Not because I want to sell or need the money (paid cash always do) or have buyers remorse or car faults (because it has none) or because I've over driven I have not done 1 burnout.

Because having a muscle car was on my bucket list. Time it seems is not on my side, no regrets life has been beautiful.

If I don't get what I want, I'll give it to a family member, or donate it, or auction for charity.

Just saying it is not always about profit. Although greed does seem prevalent, it is not always about that and if I do sell mine at msrp +, I hope people will not look at me in a greedy light, I have not lived my life that way and am giving back now that I have learned some hard lessons.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  12. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bet with out a question my car will bring 70 plus being used.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. gotsrt?

gotsrt? Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ITs screwing up the market for the people looking.
    Same shit when the GT500 came back in 2007. Lots of people
    paying ADM.
    It will pass

14. Texhellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You most likely have not abused your Hellcat and from what you say did not buy as an investment. However buying any car you have to expect a loss. Sorry but again I would not buy your car priced above MSRP or even at MSRP it being used. Too bad all don't think as some of us do or there would be no new even selling above MSRP.

I wish you well with your statement "Time it seems is not on my side".

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CU89

CU89 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer from whom we ordered our B5 called me and said he had a used Hellcat (1700 miles) on the lot now (owner's friend) and that if I wanted it they were asking $74,950. While it would not be for me, IMHO I do not think they will have a hard time selling it.