Personal best A8

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Fastcat ny, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    spent some time today working on the 0-60 most attempts were in the high 3's and a couple low 4's if my foot was to heavy and rosted the tires .. Worked my way down to a 3.5 and repeated it 3 times .... Real hard to not want put the pedal down but my best time was just rolling into the throttle ... Damn these things are fast

2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Talk about what you did, what tires you got on also? My best is 3.8 with summer tires, track trans, track traction, street suspension

3. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I set up my custom setting with track trans, street mode on the rest .. Traction control fully off . Stock p zero summer tires about 700 miles on car. I found that the key for me was not brake stalling the car at all just roll into the throttle off idle til you hit 1/2 then put it down .. Very fine line.. A little to quick and smoke time . Took about 10-15 attempts but finally nailed it ! Temps here in upstate ny 85 deg and a bit humid .
    Hope this helps

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A8 w/ Nitto's and ive gotten 3.5 a couple of times now...just did yesterday...w/o heating tires

i can get 3.6-3.8 every time(except when im at the drag strip where it would count)

i think there's more room if you got a perfect launch...i think 3.3 is possible if everything is absolutely perfect on the street......on the track ive seen guys claim 2.9 which seems hard to believe since thats GTR AWD times

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you go with the stock size nitto's? I'm Looking at ordering a set this weekend

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    305 nitto's.....on the street at 35lbs your not gaining much extra footprint, but at a 1/4 mile track when you lower them down to 18 you will gain 1"+ more......everyone gets 305 nitto's

best 0-60 is going to be
    Track transmission
    Sport TC
    Street suspension (you want the weight transfer of a softer suspension)

i can get 3.6's all day long w/ street TC.......Sport TC does help at the track (i knocked off .2 seconds by turning it from street to sport)

do not use Track TC!!!...it has more TC than Sport.....Sport is what you want unless your driving a twisty track

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i believe i ordered mine on ebay when tire america had a $100 rebate per tire...i bought a set for both of my cars......there is an option for them to be pre heated or whatever they call it for like $25 a tire....i forget what the word is, but it helps the longevity of the tire...some say its worth it, some say its a con

• Like Like x 1
  8. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    we are talking 0- 60 mph not 0-60 feet, right?

9. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes standing 0-60 mph

10. Fastcat ny

Fastcat ny Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Still running stock fronts correct ?

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yes stock fronts....didnt want to lose 100% of the handling...i kept the old backs to reuse on the fronts when the fronts wear out.....you will not notice that much when it comes to handling

12. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Stock fronts here. Mickey Thompsons on the rear. I can't notice hardly any handling difference whatsoever.

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    its not like your going to push this pig around a twisty track anyways......around town you wont notice any difference with DR's on the back...i agree

Jwilkinson----drive your MT's in the rain? curious the result.......thats the #1 reason i didnt go MT....i might on my 2nd set....since getting caught in the rain will only be occasional and by accident

14. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't tried em in the rain yet, only had em on a couple weeks. I heard they suck in the rain and I was apprehensive about getting them because of that. I'm in West Texas so I really don't have to worry about it that often anyway. I've driven them around town a lot and took it on 250 mile road trip thru the same stretch of highway that the "Big Bend Road Race" is on. Never had a slip of any kind. I have noticed just driving around town they are a little squirrelly when the tires have picked up dirt and road grime. I try to clean em off as often as I can, without getting a ticket. Lol

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i dont clean my Nitto's or have issues....but at the track when i heat them up i really dont seem to get much advantage.....last time i had gun wrappers stuck to them, so i know they heat up and get sticky.....it just doesnt seem like it when at the track.....i still need to learn how to calm down and relax at the track...

i will probably try MT's when the Nitto's die.....

im told MT's are much better for drag racing