Phantom 6-Speed Hellcat Prowls AZ!

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by X-Men Fiend, Mar 9, 2015.

1. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Greetings everybody, from one lucky Hellion!
    I've been tied up this weekend, including a sick 5-year old daughter, and haven't had but a little time to look at it, or drive it, but this Hellcat I scored Friday night is a beauty!
    The interior is lovely, looks great and feels sweet, and matches nicely with the red seat belts and red gauges and red brake calipers, looks more bold red in real life, not washed out like in this picture of it down below.
    Lots of different color sparkles, in the pearlescent paint, as you move there are gold, silver, reds, green, purples, I'm quite happy with the appearance.
    However, I must confess it's 'awkward', there are so many things to adjust and choose, and nothing is in the places it was, in any of my prior cars (I've never owned any Mopar, mainly just Chevy and Honda, never a Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, or Ram ever, so it feels so very 'different' and I have to search around for everything and there's seemingly endless adjustments (like deciding if you want it to unlock quietly, or chirp the horn, or flash the lights, or all of the above, and do you want to hear 'old school' radio stations like in my past vehicles, or SiriusXM, or Bluetooth device, or a thumbdrive, SiriusXM, or SD card, or IHeart radion, or pin input, and too many other 'media' sources to even recall, a guy could plow into a lake just trying to pick a song, plus dozens of other nitpicky little decisions I feel I'm supposed to program into it), I've always had cars that were super simple, low tech to no tech, and this is the exact opposite, using radars AND cameras, when I back up, heck, I'm used to cranking my neck and lookin', and so on. But, I know it's the future, so I am muddling through, and learning some of the included fancy features and so on. I've been driving it super mellow, maybe like 50 miles on it, total (got it with 15) and have had the windows up due to fresh tint and haven't even heard any of the vaunted supercharger whine, but the exhaust note is like a wonderful symphony, and there is mega torque, even at like 1/10th throttle off idle. Already killed it, a couple times, learning it's clutch with the music cranked, but seem to have the hang of it now. Not at all hard to use, but was trying to barely give it any throttle...the pedal effort isn't at all harsh, and the shifter is short throw, and precise, I'm liking everything, and it handles like it's on rails (and that's only when I tried Sport mode, haven't used the red key/track modes at all.) I made one super hard turn, 90 degree right onto a flat crossroad, expecting it to squeal or maybe break loose a bit or some fanfare (didn't touch throttle but was rolling fast) and to my surprise, not even so much as a hint of squeal from the tires, really amazing, felt like being glued down. Well, once I get to drive it a bit more, I'll post some more of my observations, thanks to all of you, for helping me to make it through this long and winding road, might have given up had it not been for this helpful site and the cool posters, and the invaluable updates from folks like RS.
    IMG_1484.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations. Enjoy the beast

3. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations on your cat!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to hear your wait is over. Worth every minute wasn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    GRATZ!!!!! Very happy for you! Drive the hella out of it, but drive it safely! :D

April

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zacuda

Zacuda Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats glad to see early members finally getting there cars. I don't know what it is like driving with the black key but I'm sure you will like the red key even better:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  9. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Glad im not the only one who stalled it a few times :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was so nervous when I left the dealership with mine, that I left in 3rd gear...lol.. I didnt kill it, but Im sure the clutch got a workout!

11. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello fun!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I stalled it Sat pulling away from its storage garage.. I was like WTF?? oops 3rd gear :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope your daughter recovers quickly, congratulations and sharing on FB Hellcat page, lovely ride!! Also I re edit to show your pic full preview.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats X-Men Fiend on the delivery of your Cat. Interesting initial write up. Hoping your daughter is on her way to feeling better now and recovering. Can't wait to read more. Enjoy your Hell Baby to the max!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bobby D

Bobby D Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gratulation's X man that's one sick ride have fun

• Like Like x 1