Pic of CQuartz Finest & Xpel Ultimate on Phantom Black

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by Hayabusa, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got home from work and this pic from the detail shop was waiting. Picking up tomorrow just in time for the July 4 weekend.

I drove the car home from the dealer then left it garaged until I could get an appointment for CQuartz and Xpel. Was a 1 & 1/2 week wait and tomorrow will be 13 days since delivery. Not driving her was really tough but I did not want the potential of getting a chip and putting Xpel over it.

If it looks this good in the flesh I might faint. Will post more pics after I get her home. Super psyched for tomorrow!

18739431033_6028e0ffc0_o.jpg 18739431033_6028e0ffc0_o.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks and sorry about the double pic post.

Xpel on front end and about 1/3 up the hood and fenders, rockers, mirrors, behind the rear wheels. Will post close ups after I get her back.

3. TURNERZ

TURNERZ Rocket Science for the Road

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Drooling.... Phantom and pitch with BM wheels just take the cake. Looking forward to you in person pics.

4. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I said...Dayum! Quite pleased with the final look. Only issue is it has so much reflectivity that it is near impossible to get pictures that really represent how great the car looks in person. The attached pics have the pavement on the side that is away from the sun, me reflecting on the door, trees reflecting on the roof, and several metal flake pics. The Phantom really pops now.

My installer and I were both amazed at how uniformly the metallic flake is applied throughout the panels. I passed on a Granite Crystal SRT Grand Cherokee because that particular vehicle had metal flake applied so badly it looked tiger stripe. It could have been a really cool look and I would have grabbed it if the tiger stripe effect was a consistent pattern. However, each panel had the stripes going in different directions. it was almost a psychedelic, vertigo inducing effect. I got lucky with my Hellcat...Tuesday build!!!

IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0716.JPG IMG_0717.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hornedfrog76

Hornedfrog76 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow that looks badass! Good call on waiting to drive...my baby got a chip in the front bumper the first time I drove her....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Akula

Akula VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car looks great!

I want to get the CQuartz and Xpel for my car but need to drive to South Florida to get a competent detailer/installer and it's a bloody chip fest driving south on I-75. Wat ta do? Wat ta do?

7. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Damn, sorry to hear that. Hoping it is small and not too difficult or expensive to get repaired.

Will look like crap while you are heading down but the Viper guys would wrap the vulnerable sections in heavy plastic using lots, and I mean LOTS, of painters trim tape. You see guys at the drag strip do something similar behind the rear wheels
    sometimes.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Akula

Akula VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys! Tape up the front, take 98 down south, keep distance. Solid advice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great. That last pic, #0726, is the best one I've seen at representing the depth and the diversity of color reflected from the metal flakes, in these phantom black cars. Compared to 'regular' paint colors, the paint seems very deep, with a lot going on, like looking deep into the cosmos!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. peteguy

peteguy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was in P'cola with my cat this weekend. The drive down sucks (especially when it's raining the whole time)! I just dropped mine off at the detail guy here to get CQuartz done. I'll post pics when I get her back and can get you the detailers name if needed.

11. Akula

Akula VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The weather has been really weird this year. Very cloudy with threatening storm clouds for the past week,

Let me know about your CQuartz results and post up some pics. I'm considering having CQ and Expel at that place in Tampa that three or four guys have used just paranoid about picking up a nasty rock chip on the way down. I've made the run to West Palm four times in my BMW and the front spoiler picked up about six chips. Gonna need some reprinting.

12. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great busa!

I am considering having the same thing done. I found a detail shop close that will do the Cquarts for $600, is this in the ball park of what it should cost? I didn't check if they do the clear bra / Xpel. Was wondering can you see where the Xpel stops? Can you see a ridge?

A friend recommended a place for the clear bra I can buy it from them and put it on myself or they will do it. I think the prices are for the material itself? Do you think these prices are in the ballpark? Also on there web page they talk about 3M but I also see the Xpel logo on the side of the page, is there a difference or does 3M make Xpel?

Body Skins Clear Bra Search

13. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you C.C!

14. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Coyote is absolutely correct. I got CQuartz Finest and it was $1000 for paint correction and coating the paint, wheels, and glass. That was done on my car with less than 100 miles so correction work was not extreme (no road damage to paint, really good factory job). Was 2 days worth of labor.

I got the Xpel Ultimate and would never try to install myself. The end result is all in the installer's skill and I've had good ones and great ones on my rides. I've also seen not so good jobs on other cars and it is well worth the $ to pay for a great installer. Bubbles and stretch marks look like hell. Cost varies with type and brand of film, how much coverage, and if you do CQuartz and film at the same place (assuming some discount based on both jobs at once).

This is my first CQuartz car because it is black. I enjoy taking care of my cars myself, washing and waxing it...if it's not black.

Here's the link to CQuartz installers:

Where to Find CQuartz Nanotech Ceramic Automotive Paint Coating

15. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The line is there but really faint. My installer applied CQuartz over the Xpel.

My experience with cost for Xpel ranges from around $1200 to $1800 depending on how much area I covered (front of hood vs full hood, etc). Here's a link to Hellcat patterns, hit "Show with images" button to see patterns:

Pre-cut XPEL Paint Protection Kits