Picked up the Bigcat!

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by BigcatM, Apr 24, 2015.

1. BigcatM

BigcatM Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hello! I wanted to share my small story and experience with the car so far. I was expecting the car to delivered on Monday since that's what dealer showed and RS confirmed. I was half asleep in my bed probably having hellcat dreams (lol!) and my phone started to ring. I thought it was my alarm at first so I thought aw damn, it's time to get up for my appointment already?! I looked at the phone and it's the dealer calling. I immediately jump up and answer the call. He asks how fast can I get down there because my car was delivered. I thought I was dreaming! I planned on cleaning out my old car and getting ready to trade it in on Monday. So, I had to grab my car and start cleaning it out. I don't think I've ever cleaned and vacuumed anything faster in my entire life!

I got to the dealership and was absolutely amazed. The car was in the showroom and everyone was standing around it. I was still in shock that it was here already. I've had red cars my entire life so the Jazz Blue looked incredible!! I went through all the fun paperwork and as I am signing papers, I hear the car start up 5 feet behind me. It sent chills down my neck as I turned around to just take the moment in. I completely forgot what I was doing while I was just staring at it. The sound was so powerful and stunning, everyone came out from their offices and other rooms to come look at what it was. People were asking to take pictures and I told them to go for it while I was talking to the internet sales manager there who told me that he had a lot of people calling about my car and wanting to buy it. I told him that he should have just sent them my way and I'd kindly (yeah right!) tell them NO!

The first time I sat down in it and turned it on, it was such a surreal feeling. I am a taller guy so I love the charger for the extra room. I initially thought about getting a Challenger instead but I am starting a family soon so the Charger made the most sense. I was surprised at how much leg room I had compared to my 07 SRT8 Charger. I had almost double the room while feeling very comfortable in the seat. I was so careful driving it out of the dealership, I think I may have been pushing the 10mph mark the entire time! After hopping on the highway (ugh 5pm traffic on a Friday), I got off to drive home and was able to punch the pedal a little more. All I can say is WOW!!!! I've never felt a ride so smooth yet so powerful. The ride was so smooth, I didn't even realize how fast I was going. The engine is definitely amazing, I can't even put into words how awesome it sounds even just sitting there waiting for the light. It made me chuckle after I was walking around after class last night and hearing some turd car with a loud muffler make noise on campus last night and I thought oh wow, wait till you hear ACTUAL muscle. The inside is so nice and I love the customization that the car offers. I still can't believe that a car this strong has so much to offer. I love the car and hope everyone else feels the same when they get theirs! Here are some pictures I took with my phone at the dealer. Sorry for quality!
    IMG_0399.jpg IMG_0400.jpg IMG_0401.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 9
  2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    " but I am starting a family soon so the Charger made the most sense."

For the record, there is NOTHING about 707 hp that makes sense. LOL:D Congrats on a cool new ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats BigcatM!!

4. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey now, my son is 16 months old and that was part of my reasoning for wanting the Charger! Sounded like solid logic to me! LOL :D

5. BigcatM

BigcatM Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hahahaha! Thanks for the responses =) I'm hoping everyone else can get their cars! No one will be disappointed!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice choice, first time I have seen the jazz on a Charger. Have fun, I've got a little less than 190 miles until I can unleash the Hell and it's killing me!

7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    are those blurry photo's from you being so shaky or is it your tears all over the phone as you sobbed

nice car, nice color...congrats

ive driven mine around town many times.....ive barely had anyone look at it........definitely no photo's

i still think 99% of people dont know its not a normal car

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SublimeHellcat

SublimeHellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Once you have that family you will trading that bad boy in for a caravan! Enjoy the HC!

9. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the beautiful new addition to your family. I've always liked that color!
    I will be driving mine soon, dealer just called and said she's in. 4 days early even!!! I can hardly wait.
    That has to be the longest contract signing ever with the beast idling behind you. Enjoy her, she's gorgeous! :cool:

10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bad arse review I LOVE IT!!! Sharing on fb hc page

11. liquidLSD25

liquidLSD25 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

HA! This is the same exact reason I decided on the Charger vs. Challenger! Need easy access to the baby seat!

12. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's a double WhooHoo for you!!!!!

13. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Then you've ignored my posts from early March ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BigcatM

BigcatM Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! I'm exhausted from spending the majority of the day at the dealer but it was well worth the wait! Awesome HellcatdotClub!! Glad you liked it =)

15. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Oh yea, get ready to take more pictures of your car than anything else in your life ;) IMG_3938 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1