Pickwick Dragway

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by chuck, Aug 30, 2015.

1. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went to this Race Track last night in Mitchie Tn. I was in a Savana Tn last week riding around and looking for Hellcats also showing mine off. I know that parts houses and auto shops know their cars so its a good place to start asking about the other Hellcats in these towns , I stoped at 4 in different towns every parts house they wanted to see the car and take pictures and look at the motor they all was very interested , well its a Hellcat I know to expect this now. I did find somebody that told me about one that raced at this track. I looked it up on the map and went last night. I got there found a good parking place close to the starting line I was a little early but the closed in trailers started rolling in and unloading these great looking cars that had tires with slicks as wide as 3 of my tires together . I went over and introduced myself and asked about the Hellcat that I was told about nobody knew of this Hellcat from the first group of guys but all them wanted to see my car.my wife and I proudly walked a very large group of racers to our car as we was walking they was telling other racers we got a Hellcat here by the time we got to the parking lot we had about 20 people and more coming. We got to my car I poped my hood opened my door and the excitement started they was really checking it out and loved it. I answered questions for 30 minutes I think I delayed the races lol but these racers with these very nice cars was telling me how much they liked it and about their rich friends that was trying to get them which as we know is almost impossible now. I met some very nice racers a great time. I was there a couple of hrs and a man told me I think a green Hellcat was here he took me to the car , and yes it was a Hellcat parked getting ready to race stock with Drag Radials . I found him his name was Mike from Corenth Ms. He came and took pictures of mine and I took pictures of his. We had a good Hellcat talk and he said my Hellcat was the only other hellcat he had seen in person. Mike was a very nice guy and a good racer. He told me about the performance up grades that he was going to do. He loved racing and has been to several tracks. I was a little surprised not many knew he was racing in a Hellcat. Pickwick Dragway is a 1/8 mile track but many racers very fast cars Labor Day weekend they are racing Friday night Saturday night and Sunday night.from the show Street Outlaws some will be there Racing. Derrick and Dominator will be racing in the Grudge Fest Big Tire and the Small Tire Races. I just wanted Racing guys to know this. I will be there and if some of you want to come let me know I would love to meet more Hellcat owners. This will be a great Event gates open at 2:00 the racing will start between 6:00 and 7:00 from what I was told and the flyer they gave me , it will fill up quickly so I will be there early to get my spot. I think it would be great to get some Hellcats to Race or watch the Racing. I hope to see some of you guys there it would be great.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chuck,

Race your Cat, if you take it to the track you have to run it, this should a forum rule here. The car was designed to be raced, race it !!!;);););););););)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for sharing an awesome night you had. I know the feeling of celebrity status due to owning the hellcat haha I'm glad you had a great time

4. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't Raced at a track in 35 years and I recieved my Hellcat July 10th I'm not ready for this Racing. I do enjoy watching . I have so much going on right now that I'm busy with just dont have the time. I am remodeling my new house and got a house in Ms and in Tn I'm selling and I had renters that ruined my houses cost me 20,000 in repairs and left but was nice enough to leave me 3 truck loads of junk in front of my house and they are nowhere to be found yet but I'm looking for them. I'm really just busy with other projects and trying to get my money back . I will be just watching and enjoying the racing. I know my self very well I go all the way in when I get involved in things. I know I would be making all kinds of up grades to my car and right now my plate is full and running over. I will have to leave the racing to my Hellcat Brothers right now. I do like reading about all the Hellcat Racers doing all this performance work on there cars , this is great and wishing all them the best in their journey making this car very fast. I know they devote so much time and money to do this. These people are leading the way for so many and its great. I got a plan and I got to stick it out and get my stuff done.

5. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Heck yea it was fun. I made many new friends and now they know more about the great Hellcat

• Like Like x 1
  6. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, I understand, however, please find the time (in the future) to run the Cat at the track. Get those house projects doneo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am brother I will get this done thanks for understanding my problem now. Crap happens. My inner child came out and I blowed. When my inner child comes out I have to be careful somebody could get hurt lol