PINKS: All Out Invites Us to Rockingham this July 4th

Discussion in 'National SRT Hellcat Events' started by NickJ, Apr 22, 2015.

1. NickJ

NickJ SRT Hellcat Admin Gold Supporting Member

Do you guys remember the "PINKS" TV show? The show where Rich Christensen would line up racers at a drag stip and they would race each other for pink slips. and then later, they did "PINKS: All Out" where racers would compete in brackets for cash prizes? The show ran on SPEED and also on FOX for a minute. It was canceled years ago, and the concept bounced around for a little while. Well, Rich has acquired the concept from FOX and is bringing it back!

The owner of Rockingham Dragway in North Carolina is going to open up his raceway for a July 4th celebration of raw power, shiny paint, and testosterone. The dragway will host the PINKS crew for a taping during the July 4th weekend.

Now, you might be asking why I am telling you about a television show that is taping in NC. Well, our little site here has been extended a personal invite from Rich and Brian Bossone. They have offered a 20% racer registration discount code when you sign up for the weekend. Simply add PAO in the checkout and you will receive the discount.

They are doing a grassroots promotion of this event as they don't have a large buget to get this thing off the ground. I think it is pretty cool that they are reaching out to the forum to go straight to the car enthusiast source.

This year is a TEST for future shows, and they need all the racer and fan support they can get. Support this event and maybe next season will be coming to track near you. They will be leaving room for group gathering areas or self run car shows at the show as well. It should be a great weekend for car enthusiasts!

I, for one, hope that they keep the show about racing and don't let it devolve into the drama-fest that the old show ended up being about.

[​IMG]

CHRISTENSEN REVIVING THE ICONIC “PINKS ALL OUT” CONCEPT

“The fact that racers and fans still want PINKS is both an honor and extremely ...humbling,” Christensen said. “Their unwavering passion is the reason I’m bringing it back. I’m hoping PINKS Week at Rockingham will become the largest grassroots drag racing festival in the world! Like Sturgis, it will be a one-week event, the one chance each year for friends and family from all over the country to come together and celebrate cars, motorcycles and speed.”

“My years of experience with the PINKS brand and Rich Christensen Entertainment has had me leading the charge to bring PINKS back to the grassroots drag racing community,” said Brian Bossone, President of TV and Live Event Production. “PINKS: All Out has been one of the most popular events in grassroots drag racing history. The on-track competition created some of the best ‘true’ reality television ever produced. Rich and I are extremely excited to have the opportunity to re-connect with Steve Earwood and Rockingham Dragway on July 4th weekend to bring PINKS back.”

Earwood, too, is excited about the prospect of introducing PINKS to a new group of racers of whom weren’t included the first time around. “Our PINKS: All Out event remains the largest paid admission day in The Rock’s 44-year history,” Earwood said, “so we are ecstatic about the prospect of working again with Rich Christensen and the PINKS staff. The program Rich put together a few years back changed the programming landscape as it applies to all forms of auto racing. It was the most talked about grassroots racing experience ever.”

We are excited about our first show in Rockingham Dragway NC during the July 4th week. We need to show the network and sponsors that racers want shows like this and support it. This year is a TEST for future shows, we need all the racer and fan support we can get. Support this event and maybe next season will be coming to track near you. Sign up NOW at PINKS Week 2015 ..... Let’s Race!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sweet! Wish they'd add a monster truck category too:D

3. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's too bad it's coming back. Joke of a show.

4. Doug Redd

Doug Redd Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcats racing! I'll watch

• Agree Agree x 1