SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Pistol Grip Shifter

12K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  rayzazoo 
#1 ·
Is it possible to install a pistol grip shifter from the early model SRT8 Challengers into a 2016 Challenger SRT8 thereby replacing the ball shifter?

#6 ·
If you want the Pistol Grip just for the ole school looks it's great, now if you really want to upgrade the shifting performance, Barton shifter hands down ! I had the Hurst with pistol grip in mine for 5 yrs, marginal better shifting at best. Had issues with the handle getting sloppy loose and vibration buzzing noise with rpm's.

#7 ·
Went the same route as El Diablo on my 09. Installed the hurst comp shifter then a OEM E body console shifter handle (I think, it's been a few years). Replaced the wood grain grips with some carbon fiber ones and replaced the shift pattern sticker with a correct 6 speed one. While the look is really cool, slamming gears isn't as precise as the hurst shifter, a little sloppy if you ask me. But now the 09 is just the cruiser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.