Planning the journey home

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Zebug, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone mapped out a route to get your cat home from the dealer? There is no way I'm parking that thing while still being in stage 1 of the break-in recommendation procedure so I'm hitting 100 miles before she gets parked for the night.

My first drive is going to go from my dealer (Ron Carter) south and then along the "beach" of Galveston (I quoted the word beach b/c if you've even seen the beaches of Galveston you'd question if there were beaches). Onto a ferry, through a national wildlife refuge, then back on the highway to head home. Anyone else do something like this and if so, share your trip.

Route.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeah the beaches at Galveston are questionably murky and brown LOL

I say take a small road trip Loop around 610 then roll onto Westheimer from West Houston down to Galleria for maximum exposure so everyone can gawk at your new hellcat :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm going to try and avoid the 610 loop...aka bumper car raceway...as much as I can. Especially the Galleria although that is the place to be seen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My route was dealer to CU. CU back to dealer. Dealer to Vegas.
    :p:D:eek:
    J/K, wishing on the Vegas leg though. 287 mi. of desert highway sure would be fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in Cypress. Hwy 6 between Galveston and sugar land is great for cruising when I head to/from the island. I use the grand pkwy to get over to sugar land. Your drive looks peaceful as long as you don't hit 45 at rush hour, especially on a Friday. Maybe also consider 6 to grand pkwy and then up 290 to 6 towards college station... Then wrap back around to home on the fun (and empty) backroads/hwys.

I willbe driving mine home next summer from Bob Fredericks dealership in Ohio... That should just about break in the car. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. NinjaChicken

NinjaChicken Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I will be able to get my break-in all done in one shot 746 miles from my house in Arkansas to Ohio!

7. Wamo

Wamo Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in The Woodlands and spent New Years eve on Crystal Beach. Good route, however, I will caution you there is no one out there and it's gonna be really and for me I do mean really hard not to kinda see what she'll due. In fact that's probably where I'll do my high speed pass and or runs once she's broke in. We'll have to get together but I haven't ordered mine yet waiting on b5 blue and then who knows how long.

8. Wamo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking at your route again I drive down to hobby airport for work and I would definitely avoid 45 till you get off the hardy toll road. It's pretty much 3 lanes and light traffic most of the time. You can putt over in the right lane while you're breaking her in and it's only $3.50 all the way from 610 to rayford sawdust or get off at Riley Fuzzel and tool through Old Town Spring and turn some heads. Just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yea I always use the Hardy, but figured I wouldn't have my tags yet and didn't want to pay at the booth....although that'll give me more chances to test the 0-60 times.........hmmm I likey.

And I'm totally with you Dak, I like those backroads up north of Houston, that might be day 2 lol

10. Wamo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you check the map, because I have no idea what the name of the road is, there is a backroad that parallels south of I 10 that has nothing on it but pigs and rice fields that you could take instead of hitting 10.

• Useful Useful x 1