Plastic Dip

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by hell2pay, Jan 26, 2015.

1. hell2pay

hell2pay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't like looking at the yellow windshield washer cover so I plastic dipped it for now.
    also a picture of a Mopar on a chain that the parts guy gave me..
    Robert

Attached Files:

2. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

I think the clear plastic dip will work well to keep rubber off the quarters and wheel wells at to track. I'm going to try it on my truck first to see how it peals off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    3m product on quarter panels by the tire, been doing it for years so rubber doesnt stick or can be peeled off

• Like Like x 2
  4. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What 3M product? Are you talking about the clear plastic film that is used for paint protection or something else?

5. paul suloff

That invisible bra type clear is a more permanent solution that also helps with rock chips on the road. The plastic dip clear should just peel right off to get rid of rubber. I'd think you can reapply and also use for street protection. I've used the colored product to change wheel color and it holds up well. You can go to youtube and search wheel dip to see how it works.

6. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've used the 3M (and similar) films on various cars in various places and I like the protection. It's also easily re-applied if ever desired.

I've seen impressive things done with Plastidip on cars but I've never tried it myself. Definitely seems like it would be a good product on rear quarter panels etc.

I've even watched a few YouTube videos where people did clear bras with Plastidip. Seems like a killer solution for a roadtrip (I do 3K mile road trips once or twice a year).

7. paul suloff

You see guys with their cars all taped up at the track to protect the paint. If you don't want to wrap the area with film, the dip looks like an easy solution. The best thing is if you screw up, it comes right off!

• Agree Agree x 1