SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Plate Frame

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  beep-beep-vroom 
#1 ·
Purchased a nice SRT plate frame but didn't realized it's a heavy metal frame. I'm worried about screwing it on the HC and the edges rubbing into the paint in time. Should I get a plastic one?

#2 ·
Maybe you could cut a gasket, shaped like the plate, to mount beneath it, to protect the paint? Just an idea, I know it's extra effort, but better than worrying about the plate edges scoring the paint.

Reactions: Chancey
#5 ·
I bought a metal frame and had the same concerns. Ended up ditching it. I will tell you, though, the plate itself wore a little mark into the paint at the bottom center of the plate already. It's always covered by the plate, of course. Frustrating, b/c our BMW has such a nice system for mounting the plate.

#9 ·
Font Soil Granite Metal Number
I got the Hellcat plastic chrome and still put some foam behind the plate to make sure no rubbing of the plate.

I had a heavy metal one on my SRT and noticed when I sold it that some of the paint had been rubbed off.

#12 ·
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Anyone using all 4 mounting holes to attach their license plate? It seems to me if you used 4 holes you could then place a small rubber donut / spacer behind each and have the entire plate & frame 1/8 inch or so off of the surface. Of course the downside is you have 4 holes instead of 2.

#20 ·
Aside from the rubber donuts, bumpers, or felt pads, has anyone considered installing nutserts in the bumper? Or is that just overkill...over-engineering...for something that really never sees the light of day? I suppose if a sheet metal screw into plastic ain't broke then don't fix it. Right? The problem is one you have a rivnut tool you start looking for things to 'fix' with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.