Please help me pick a name for my cat...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hayabusa, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Note: No Games of Thrones spoilers are contained in this post (in case you haven't finished the series).

My ride is still nameless. Considered a bunch of Games of Thrones female names like:

• Brienne....(of Tarth)...Tough, a skilled fighter, principled, intimidating in stature
    • Cersei...Noble family, a crazy woman, does it with her brother...
    • Daenerys (Stormborn) AKA Khaleesi (this is a title or position vs a name) AKA The Breaker of Chains, The Mother of Dragons...
    • Ygritte, the Wilding redhead (I have black/red interior and she was the bomb in the show...looks, attitude, skill, untamed, and...uhhhh...energy/passion)
    Moved away from:
    Brienne: LOVE the name but the character was overly moralistic and just doesn't fit the car
    Cersei: she did it with her brother :eek:
    Daenerys: Love the character but the name reminds me of an annoying woman who won Food Network Stars at one point. It has become mixed messaging to me.

Torn between:
    Khaleesi: I really like it. I guess this could be my first car with a title instead of a name. The Dothraki are the stuff and it is from their language.
    Ygritte: Love the character. Sounds very Norse. Might leave it for a forum member who is more Viking inspired than me.

Your thoughts and suggestions?

Yes, I love Game of Thrones!...but there's always...

Selene: She wore tight black like my CQuartz Finest Phantom Black! She was a Vampire! Ahhh...Kate Beckinsale!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Vermillion

• Like Like x 1
  3. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, it's really a personal choice, I pick Athena, goddess of wisdom and war, seemed fitting, she is wise the ways of avoiding idiot drivers and she gets pissed a lot, hence the war and her Tor Red color. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow its like naming a boat, people spend more time thinking about a name for there boat then they do there kids.. True story

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Going out for a "drive to nowhere in particular" now. Need to enjoy the day off with...dammit, I don't have a name for her yet! :oops:

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    unless your 16 i would recommend not naming your car....its not typically something adults do(name things not alive)

do you name your computer?
    your table?
    your house?
    your driveway?

but your car? you want to name

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Your opinion! :) Lots of us name our cars ... if you do not want to do so, then don't. Simple. :D

April

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hayabusa,excellent job on cleverly getting Selene posted on HC.org Well Done! Ahhh...Kate Beckinsale!

• Like Like x 1
  9. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggytree you named your Knob didn't you??? LOL

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Persephone

In Greek mythology, Persephone (/pərˈsɛfəniː/, per-SEH-fə-nee; Greek: Περσεφόνη), also called Kore or Cora (/ˈkɔəriː/; "the maiden"),[n 1] is the daughter of Zeus and the harvest goddess Demeter, and is the queen of the underworld. Homer describes her as the formidable, venerable majestic princess of the underworld, who carries into effect the curses of men upon the souls of the dead. Persephone was abducted by Hades, the god-king of the underworld.[1] The myth of her abduction represents her function as the personification of vegetation, which shoots forth in spring and withdraws into the earth after harvest; hence, she is also associated with spring as well as the fertility of vegetation. Similar myths appear in the Orient, in the cults of male gods like Attis, Adonis and Osiris,[2] and in Minoan Crete.

Persephone as a vegetation goddess and her mother Demeter were the central figures of the Eleusinian mysteries that predated the Olympian pantheon and promised the initiated a more enjoyable prospect after death. Persephone is further said to have become by Zeus the mother of Dionysus, Iacchus, or Zagreus, usually in orphic tradition. The origins of her cult are uncertain, but it was based on very old agrarian cults of agricultural communities.

Persephone was commonly worshipped along with Demeter and with the same mysteries. To her alone were dedicated the mysteries celebrated at Athens in the month of Anthesterion. In Classical Greek art, Persephone is invariably portrayed robed, often carrying a sheaf of grain. She may appear as a mystical divinity with a sceptre and a little box, but she was mostly represented in the act of being carried off by Hades.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Eternally 17!!! Gots ta stay young at heart. Oft times I've found the "typically adult" behaviors are the realm of pretty boring and narcissistic individuals. I don't mean I support immature behavior while piloting a high performance car. Just sayin' naming your ride has been a tradition of the car guys and gals I've known.

I don't name the items you mention but do name my motorcycles and swords.

Tone is hard to pull out of posts sometimes so I'll say that this reply is not aggressive in nature by any means towards you, Huggy. You are a frequent and fun to follow contributor ;) (sorry, couldn't find a man hug smiley :D)

Darn, called out! All of that work to sneak in pics of Kate...busted!
    Thought of naming my ride Kate but we have friends with a 9 year old daughter named Kate. That is kind of a creepy thing and just right for starting a dad fight.

12. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't know you had a boat:D....What did you decide on a name? You could always just call it "BOAT"....sort of like another member at the drag strip right now.....he just calls it "BE FIVE"....:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I named my first son Boy and the other two are named Boys

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, I call my wife "Wife" and she calls me "Husband Do..."

Hey Q5Dart, here's another one for you...kind of represents how I feel when I walk up to my Phantom

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And you do

men-vs-women-191.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2