PLUM CRAZY HELLCAT ON ITS WAY ORDERED TODAY!!!But was originally told by my dealer could not get it.

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT 392' started by ChargerChallenger, Sep 17, 2015.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg It's been over a year since I originally ordered a Hellcat and got tired of waiting for it so purchased the SRT and have had a lot of fun with it over the past year. And after listening to all the Hellcat owners have decided it's time to get a Hellcat. But most of all a PLUM CRAZY HELLCAT.
    And now I am actually happy I never got my 2015 Hellcat since I would have wished I would have waited for the Plum Crazy. And it's been a up and down decision since originally Dodge said last year upon release it would build as many Hellcats as they could sell and no restriction. I did not like the idea everyone can have a Hellcat and backed off. But a year later and not everyone can get a Hellcat. And in my opinion that's better for all who get one. And my dealer has told me this is a limited production car and be lucky to get one. He has been allocated 4 for all of the 2016 production run. So hope all who are on board have the privelage as I to get one but for me it has been a 1 year wait. I am getting the Challenger Plum Crazy, A8, Black Satin Hood, Sunroof, Laguna leather, (not the Brass Monkey Wheels). My dealer actually ordered this car on the 27th of August as a dealer order and has now changed it to a personal order under my name to allow for the Plum Crazy color otherwise no Plum Crazy by dealer direct order.
    Apparently dealer inventory orders do not allow for Plum Crazy. My main man at the dealer was out for a few weeks and did not know I had been by to order the Plum Crazy and did not know when placing the order for a dealer allocation inventory u could not order Plum Crazy. I went by their yesterday trying to order the Plum Crazy and he could not get the allocation orders to change the color or allow dealer order. I called him this morning and asked him to call his rep. He called me back and said if it's in a personal name the Plum Crazy is available. So he switched the order to my personal name and Detroit is supposed to update order Monday of next week in my name and Plum Crazy.
    A lot to explain but maybe someone else reading this can take my experience and benefit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    good story

and you can play with the SRT while you wait.

3. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are in good shape. I just changed my color from Granite to B5 (my dealer to make a call in Detroit to make it possible). It took about 24-72 hours to get it updated.

4. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting post, and I agree it's fortuitous that you initially ended up with an SRT (to tide you through) and will now end up with the Hellcat you really wanted. I feel fortunate that I love the Phantom Black, which I scored six months ago, or I too would be longing for a new plum crazy, as that's a powerhouse color. Congrats.

5. Catcando

Catcando Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Now i am curious...What was color of Hellcat you originally had ordered..
    I have 2016 ordered at my local dealer, pitch back...Would love to be brave enough to go plum crazy, black hood...have been thinking about it for 2 weeks. Is color extra cost? Do you think plum crazy is as striking on these new bodies, as it was on the originals?

6. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ChargerChallenger Welcome to the Plum Crazy Club.Fantastic color choice.I hope all goes well with your order.

7. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I too REALLY wanted another Plum Crazy, I just don't like that now you can get PCP on everything from a SXT to a Hellcat, and on the Charger to. I do LOVE the PCP, but I think it is going to be a really common color, and that just as cool. But I do look at it and think about it now and then on changing to PCP

8. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PCP rocks, and if one just happened to fall in my lap (not ordering) in the next year, I may, may just swap.
    Hellcat Challenger of course.

9. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Last year I ordered the Jazz Blue which I ended up getting in the SRT.
    I TRADED MY Challenger PLUM CRAZY RT for the SRT B5 Blue Charger this past February. And I really had a hard time letting it go. The Plum Crazy gets a lot of attention and it is truly a unique color and either u love it it or not so much. On top of this I have a 11 year daughter who absolutely loved my RT Plum Crazy and was in tears when she found out I sold it this past February. I literally went back to the dealership about a month later and just about bought it back, and now glad I did not. My daughter is super excited I am thinking of getting another Plum Crazy. She does not know I have ordered one and plan to surprise her when I pick her up from school. Oh what we men do to make our ladies HAPPY!!!
    And for the record the Plum Crazy makes me feel like a kid again as well.
    And as u progress in this world u need all u can to feel like a kid again!!!
    And to answer your question is it striking in color? I think so and does radiate the original from the 70s. The paint is an up charge I believe.
    The build sheet I have still has the vehicle as a B5 Blue so does not show the color yet.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i understand completely. I kept my Plum Crazy RT because it just looks so damn cool! Challenger wallpaper.jpg

11. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no price increase on Plum Crazy.Welcome to the Plum Crazy club.My daughter also is so excited to know that the hellcat will be purple.It is a great color.I can't wait to get my car!!!!!!

12. Sjbeckman01

Sjbeckman01 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We just got confirmation our plum crazy is being built. Will be one of the first built! This will be our third hellcat so our dealer is taking good care of us. The second one (actually was the first one purchased -hers) will be sold to make way for the plum crazy. I drive my sublime everyday, she drives her B 5 Blue occasionally for fun. Only has 3,000 well cared for miles and was broke in properly. Has A8 and CQuartz finest applied. Anyone interested in buying it let me know I'll give u more details.

13. Johntpr

Johntpr Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered a plum crazy one too. From what Resume Speed posted, I thought production doesn't start until November 2nd?

2016 Exterior Colors:
    (Note: not all colors available on all models)

B5 Blue Pearl Coat
    Billet Metallic
    Bright White
    Go Mango (late availability, production start 03/07/2016)
    Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
    Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl
    Jazz Blue Pearl
    Maximum Steel Metallic (production launch early January 2016)
    Pitch Black
    Plum Crazy Pearl (late availability, production start 11/02/2015) (Order banks opened 09/10)
    Redline Tri-Coat Pearl
    TorRed Clear Coat

14. Sjbeckman01

Sjbeckman01 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We just got the vin today with a projected delivery date of October 8. We were told it is in the first 10 units built for 16

15. Johntpr

Johntpr Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmm...good news. Will have to call my dealer for any news. I really hope the 2016's have a better dash pad as originally indicated they would.