SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hell Cat Owner/Order age

Poll-Age of Hellcat owners and Those Ordering Hellcat

11K views 69 replies 45 participants last post by  Baldnut 
#1 ·
I have seen a post about the age of Hellcat owner but saw there was no easy way to have it graphed or a running total some how.

Thought I would start a Poll to show the numbers at a glance!

Poll is for owners and those who have placed an order. Please notice and pick Challenger or Charger. Check carefully for there are a lot of choices.

thanks Bob

#39 ·
I'm 53 with a Challenger that makes me feel like I did at 20 with a 70 Challenger TA.

#46 ·
First new "car" purchased at 42 - Challenger R/T. We were shopping for a replacement truck when the '91 Ranger died. Wife says "Want to test drive a Challenger?":):) Big grins.... Next new car purchased at 46, Hellcat, so my wife could drive her R/T. More bigger grins...:D:D:D:D:D
Love the 40's!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood

#47 ·
First new "car" purchased at 42 - Challenger R/T. We were shopping for a replacement truck when the '91 Ranger died. Wife says "Want to test drive a Challenger?":):) Big grins.... Next new car purchased at 46, Hellcat, so my wife could drive her R/T. More bigger grins...:D:D:D:D:D
Love the 40's!

View attachment 145337
They look good together. Did you do anything with the brakes on the R/T. Just asking because my wife showed interest in taking her Charger R/T to the track when I go. Also the half mile run I plan on going too.
Would love to get her involved again.

#51 ·
It seems the biggest market are those who were in grade and high school when these two cars below were the 'current/new' Charger and Challenger. Even though I was just a kid then, it made me sick knowing what they used to be 10 years prior. The good news about this is the cliche that the Challenger market is mainly fueled by those older who will be out of the picture soon. The buying demographic in reality has 20 more years to keep this going. I am of the belief that the Dodge CEO "Kuniskis" pushes forward himself because he grew up in this very time-frame of disgusting Mopars.

#52 ·
It seems the biggest market are those who were in grade and high school when these two cars below were the 'current/new' Charger and Challenger. Even though I was just a kid then, it made me sick knowing what they used to be 10 years prior. The good news about this is the cliche that the Challenger market is mainly fueled by those older who will be out of the picture soon. The buying demographic in reality has 20 more years to keep this going. I am of the belief that the Dodge CEO "Kuniskis" pushes forward himself because he grew up in this very time-frame of disgusting Mopars.
I so agree with you. However, the younger generation is seeing this new wave of record breaking horse power clones of the past and falling in love with these cars. I think that is producing a whole new generation for down the road to want these babies again for themselves.

#55 ·
This is my 5th muscle car but I'm 32 and just picked up my Charger on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red_KittyCat
#57 ·
I posted in the new members forum. Thanks for the warm (or cold?) welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#62 ·
Correct, I am shocked by High School kids taking so much notice to my 69 Charger and '15 Challengers. It surely will spark another retro craze when they reach their 40s/50s. Wouldn't it be funny to see a new redone modern take on the current 2015 Challenger then? My friends with modern Mustangs and Camaros notice it to a much lesser degree. Part I think is the Fast N Furious franchise and its Mopar tilt.
I think it also depends on who influences you in life. My brief story...

I was 17 when I had my first muscle car. I paid for it myself with a job I worked part time during school and switched it to full time in the summer. I worked at a computer store (and now work for one of the largest IT companies in the world). I mention that to say I didn't have someone paying it for me.

I was exposed to muscle by my aunt and uncle (RIP) in their 94 formula firebird when they opened it up on a back road. I was hooked immediately and knew that I needed it. 5 years later I picked up a 95 convertible formula firebird and the rest was history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corgiman
#63 ·
I think it also depends on who influences you in life. My brief story...
For me it was different and I don't think anyone or anything influenced me .... My family was completely non car oriented. Around 1971 as a young child I saw a (68 or 69) charger drive by. It was a plain forest green with no stripes and small rims just driving down the street by a middle aged man. This was pre Dukes of Hazard, and at 5 years old I was too young for any movie influence. (and as said no family influence). At the time it was just a used car, yet I don't know why, but it was the only car I ever saw that 'the shape' looked different than every other I'd ever seen. It seemed 'perfect'. My family could not even tell me it was a 'Dodge' let alone a Charger, when I asked them. A year later, I came across a Hotwheels toy 69 Charger in a store which was how l learned what it was. To me, no other car mattered and my first car at 17 was a 70 Charger RT. Even then making 5k a year, I bought a beater and locked the RT away. Everyone thought 'Dukes of Hazzard' at this point, and I used to cringe at the Chargers wrecked weekly and ironically wished the show never existed even when it was current. So, as unbelievable as it sounds, I never liked any other car other than a 68 to 70 Charger and ... slightly later on, a 70/71 Cuda. I always wanted a Cuda, but never found one that met my standards of condition at a decent price. Then the new 2008 Challenger came out, and I was still not a fan of the looks due to the weird flat rear bumper, so I waited. They perfected it in 2015 and its basically only the 3rd car in my life I feel looks 'perfect'. Part of the reason I feel is my Cuda bias, since the new Challenger has taller Cuda proportions in the rear, but with Challenger accents.

#66 ·
OMG I remember what started my love affair with cars and muscle cars. My dad was looking for a ‘71 Grand Prix. It had a 400 engine and bucket seats!! Went went up to the roof of Jarnagin Pontiac in Houston and they had a white with blue stipes Trans Am!! No A/C. I’ve never forgotten that car. Way before Smokey and The Bandit.

#67 ·
My first adult muscle like car purchase was a 1991 BMW 850i. The shape of that car is mesmerizing. I have owned a 79 Mustang, a 72 Charger SE, a 03 Viper, a 97 BMW 840Ci and soon the Hellcat Charger. I am a car addict, and my wife doesn't (refuses) understand. Her car is a 15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi which is a great vehicle. I love coffee and cars events and can appreciate a nice ride. I'm pretty much a MOPAR guy. When I was in the Army stationed in Arkansas I went to the dirt track races and helped work on a Dodge with a Power by Petty 355. Clearly the fastest car but couldn't put the power down on the track consistently. So much fun. I really look forward to meeting some of the guys and girls out there.

#68 ·
bump for some 2018 info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.