Poor customer service from HHP

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by Bruit2007, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Bruit2007

Bruit2007 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We ordered from Hhp full length headers 3 inches exhaust from American racing, 10% over drive pulley and pin kit the bolt was the wrong size,and carbon drive shaft ,on Black Friday,the drive shaft hasn't come in yet hhp keeps saying it's going to ship,never does , went to put go ahead and put the car together without the driveshaft two weeks ago , the exhaust would not fit it was too short, called HHP they told me I had to call American racing, The box said challenger on the paperwork and on the box did not say charger, they told me that they put it in the wrong box it was for charger but it was too short , this went on for weeks they would not make it right, I don't HHP would not call the driveshaft shop they said I had to,so I ordered the rest of the parts from B woody he had no problems and the other parts from modern muscle they had the drive shaft in stock it's on the way, and I'm having to add 5 inches on each side to my $1700 is also some to make it work very shitty if u ask me

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear, that sucks...Sometimes dealing directly with the Supplier is less
    Painful,when this happens,hope all goes better on fitment!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very surprised to read this..HHP has a long (10yr plus) history around the various forums of excellent service...my experience has over the last 10 yrs has been great,,,did speak with Josh?

4. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have received nothing but excellent and professional service from HHP.
    It does make sense to contact the manufacturer. After all if American Racing put the wrong headers in the box they should make amends and take the trouble to sort it out.

5. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have received nothing but excellent and professional service from HHP.
    It does make sense to contact the manufacturer. After all if American Racing put the wrong headers in the box they should make amends and take the trouble to sort it out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Put me down as another recipient of excellent service from HHP over the last 5 years.
    If you haven't already, I'd ask to speak to Josh to get this sorted.
    Reading your post it seems as though English may not be your primary language, if so than miscommunication may be part of the issue

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info. I was about to pull the trigger with HHP for several high dollar purchases. I think I'll hold a bit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Issues can happen to any shop, but from experience HHP has been an excellent vendor for myself and others, I'll throw this out there that if someone is having any issues with orders or service PM me as I or Linda have ways to get in touch with Josh, Bruce or Greg and can alert them of an issue.
    TC

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HighHorseman

HighHorseman VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Bruit, sorry for your experience. I just got back early this morning from an overseas trip and I will check on everything once I get back into the shop. I know that before I had left Greg had had at least 5 calls into American Racing Headers in regards to your catback situation trying to get it resolved as to whether it was a labeling mistake on their part or an incorrect part shipped and we had reached out to DSS several times for updates as well. We would never tell a customer to call a manufacturer, I can only assume that there was a misunderstanding in communications. I'll get brought back up to speed in a couple hours and get everyone back on the same page.

Joshua, HHP

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. HighHorseman

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Bruit, are you Dennis? Or is he your installer?

• Like Like x 1
  11. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HHP is awesome, bought many parts for my last RT and SRT8 and actually called them last week for info on parts I will order in spring for the HC

No matter what, you can't keep everyone happy, and shit happens,it is how it is dealt with in the end that counts, Josh will fix you up I'm sure

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. HighHorseman

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Dennis, I reviewed the email chains and spoke with Greg about your two orders and he appears to have provided info directly from both manufacturers every step of the way. He said that you weren't asked to call either manufacturer for an order update so something definitely was lost in translation - which honestly most manufacturers wouldn't give you any info even if you did call, they'd send you right back to us. He stated that he passed along the info from ARH that is contained in the attached email after they were pretty sure they had just mislabeled your package and needed you to check it, and it was said that you were free to call our rep at ARH as well if you had any questions or concerns for them. We would state that so that we could accelerate getting a swift resolution to the problem since there are instances where direct dealings between a customer and a manufacturer can speed up the resolution. As far as the driveshaft is concerned, we've been passing along their "updated completion time" every step of the way which probably consists of 4 or more calls into DSS over the past two weeks. We did cancel your DSS order yesterday per your request and refunded your payment immediately. I'm sorry you feel like we've provided you poor customer service. Could you please let me know what we could have done different?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Bruit2007

Bruit2007 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm one of the installers , Dennis said that y'all told him to call American racing they didn't know the The difference between a charger and a challenger exhaust . And apparently your guys don't neither

14. HighHorseman

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I would guess between 8 and 10 inches up front on the catback - that's just a guess though, I'm not an exhaust manufacturer. We were under the impression that ARH had all of the jigs completed for the system since we were issued pricing a few months prior to Dennis' purchase. Hopefully ARH has gotten everything corrected for all of you, they're a stand up company and always stand behind their product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Bruit2007

Bruit2007 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg Well no part from American racing yet ,was promised it was shipped weeks a go ,had to fix it our self

• Like Like x 1