Possibily Lemon Lawing The Cat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Nov 27, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all, For those of you who accept the fact it's a 60-70k muscle car and don't care for the bumper issue you can leave the thread, But after Chrysler hard balling me I'm probably filing the lemon law form for NYS for my cat.

For months now i've been in and out of my original dealer to fix my front bumper fitment issues on the front grill. After numerous drop offs they haven't fixed it and SRT advised me to stop going to that dealer. After contacting 3 dealers none of them want to take on the warranty work that's already been approved as it involves sending to a body shop. SRT advised me they are allowed to reject the work.

They approved for me to get estimates and are all too high to repair the front bumper, They have decided to give me a maximum of $1,006 and that I must go out of pocket for the rest.

The fact they even said that, An issue for their shoddy build quality I should have to go out of pocket? Yeah, no. I'll be getting one more estimate to prove again that it's impossible for any shop in my area to do the work for that cost as I live in one of the highest cost-to-live areas in America. I submitted 3 quotes, and will submit one more to prove it.Just to spray the bumper would cost 600-800 in the area and then ontop of fixing the issue or requiring a replacement bumper? It's impossible.

Will I buy another Cat? Maybe, but why bother with the same issue I even see 2016's coming with.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What issue are you having?

3. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The front bumper and grill have gaps and have rubbed some paint away. Looking down at the bumper you can see slight waves in the paint because of it rubbing. From the front you can see two gaps (One on each side) of the bumper. Chrysler said this is an issue that needs to be fixed. The dealers recommended shop took it three times and could not fix it.

Went to another dealer, They told me to go back to where i bought it. I told SRT and they approved for me to get independent quotes that led to it being too much. So now im stuck between being told it shouldn't be like that by Chrysler themselves, but they don't want to pay enough to fix it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. im3cpo

im3cpo Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Could you attach some pictures?

5. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you may want to look into the magnuson moss warranty act also....it doesnt give you a new car, but gives you $$ for accepting a problem...i sued GM w/ it and got $15k on a transfer case sensor issue they couldnt seem to fix (took it to another dealer and they found it in 10 mins after the lawsuit)

if you want to keep your HC and just get this issue fixed it may be a good alternative....seems hard to believe they'd lemon law your car for a minor body issue....i have a friend who lemon lawed (2) Dodge Avengers 20 years ago...both had brake problems.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is nothing wrong with your car.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IMO... You are looking for perfection in an inexpensive car.... What I mean is that the car is a $20,000.00 car with a $45,000.00 drivetrain and electronics...

If you want perfection in the body, take it to a premier body shop, spend another $5K to $10K to bring the body up to your standards. Then let it sit in your garage so you can go out and look at your perfect car... Don't drive it because you might get bug splatters on that perfect bumper.

Just my opinion...

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it IS a $25k car with a $40k drive train......keep this in mind with your decision...its not a Corvette, its not a Viper....when it goes into paint/body they dont know its not a SXT........

i saw the pic and it does look a bit odd to me though....i dont think id be happy either.....id take it to multiple dealerships until someone can fix it......maybe go to home depot and buy some cedar shims...push them into the low spots to fix it??

10. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    > nothing wrong with your car
    > Chrysler said it shouldn't be that way

okay.

11. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bingo.

Take it to a bodyshop and get it fixed. It's not that hard to do. Fighting with Chrysler on a little issue that they frankly probably don't give a damn about is pretty silly.

Car runs fine? You like it? Small fitment issue on bumper is only complaint? Then buck up and get it fixed. If you can afford one, you can afford the small cost to fix a "nit pick" issue.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Guys this is hilarious! image.jpeg Lemon law for this? You're taking anal to a new level!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mark1107's looks just like my b5 bumper,don't like it but,I don't think FCA will do a thing about it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's the OP's bumper that I posted both pics of. I've never even even noticed that gap. I'm lemon lawing my cat! Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1