Posting about Charger HCs in the FCA blog post

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by rnr, Mar 2, 2015.

1. rnr

rnr Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    As you all probably know FCA wrote a blog post about the Hellcat allocation system (Avoiding Hellcat ordering disappointment FCA Corporate Blog and we have an active discussion about it in the other subforum Official FCA Fiat Chrysler of America blog news about avoiding hellcat buyers disappointment SRT Hellcat Forum

That said no one seems to be questioning the process of having a single allocation/priority list for both the Charger and the Challenger. I encourage you all to post on the blog to tell Dodge to treat them as two different cars and not penalize us Charger folks just because Dodge opened the ordering 3 months later. Making a dealer decide where the allocation goes is insane and is not going to make anyone happy. If you dont have the time to post yourself I'd suggest upvoting other comments so Dodge realizes this matters as well. The following is the comment I left

Having a single combined allocation list for both the Charger and the Challenger does not make any sense when the Charger allocations opened several months after the Challenger. I have the #1 Charger spot at my dealer, sent in a refundable deposit in August and got a VON on Jan 12. However this dealer also has several people that placed Challenger orders in November and now you expect him to decide which person gets that single allocation? It would not be fair to the Challenger folks waiting since September to do my car but its also not fair to penalize me for Dodge only allowing Charger HC orders in January.

Having a single allocation list for both products is a bad idea that creates ill will among your customers, puts dealers in an impossible spot and make people consider other cars. I should also add that I have waited 6 months for a custom-built ordered car before (Lotus) but in that case the dealers were able to give me clear information on the process and I always knew what the status was. In the case of my Charger Hellcat order I will give a little while longer but if this situation does not improve soon I will have to seriously consider switching to the other 600+ hp sedan coming out of Detroit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The SRT people on here need to respond to this as we have ZERO say on this

3. keepAustinUgly

keepAustinUgly Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Meh, if my order isn't going to start the build process in the next couple weeks I'll either not buy a vehicle this year or buy a Chevy SS, I hate the way they look but they're essentially a much more agile 392. The Hellcat is probably a waste of money anyway.

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat probably a waste of money?! I beg to differ mister ! :confused::confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I posted. Doubt much will come from it but you never know. Prob toss my order into super VON hell now lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1) Not a waste of money, why would you think that? If you think that you probably shouldn't have ordered one in the first place.
    2) Being in the US, you couldn't have ordered before January 12... it hasn't been THAT long, really... not even 2 months. It's completely normal for an ordered car, regardless of manufacturer, to take anywhere from 2-4 months to show up. Chargers have been getting turned around much quicker than Challengers. Imagine waiting since September (or July for Canadians)...

Hang in there, it's worth it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dave06srt

dave06srt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I completely agree with you rnr. I am second in line for a charger at my dealership, and under the old allocation process this would have given me a car around June. Now under the new system I will never see my car, as there are 16 challengers ahead of us chargers, and my dealership is going by the date orders were placed. I think it is complete bs that charger orders are being put in the same pot as challengers for allocation. How is anyone going to get a charger from here on out? The challenger guys have a four month head start on us. I really hope srt does something about this and creates two allocation systems, one for each type of car. Otherwise none of us will get our chargers.

8. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know that post came straight from Chrysler but I am gonna call them out on it and I think it's not correct...unless this is going into effect from this point forward.

The reason I say this is cause my dealership last month (January allocation) my dealer got 1 Hellcat Charger allocated (HellcatPat) and 1 Hellcat Challenger allocated (mine) and both were built about a week apart. The Charger was built the week of February 16th and my Challenger was built the week of February 23rd. And both cars are currently in transit.

So unless that blog is meaning from this point forward IDK if it's totally correct....even if it came straight from Chrysler.

9. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The new allocation rules are supposed to be for February moving forward. My dealer for the Hellcat Charger got 2 for Charger in January, we got the first. Sounds like one a month from now on... Though it stinks that it is for one Hellcat period. It should at least be one each..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mtr

Mtr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    They all come off the same assembly line. In this instance, they're just being pragmatic. To allocate one of each would require twice the manufacturing capacity.

11. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I'm guessing that if you have a BX or C status that your are better off than those that are in VON hell? My car was allocated and ordered Jan 12th with a BX status. I got it before it was built and had some changes done. They said it should be picked up any day. After reading all this I'm curious now.

12. rlarsen462

rlarsen462 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think it's pretty obvious...at the end of the 2015 model year run there's going to be a lot less Chargers in the wild than Challengers...simple mathematics unless dealers are electively pushing sold Charger orders ahead of Challengers?

13. dave06srt

dave06srt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Bx is Von hell. Bx just means the order was entered correctly by the dealership, has been received by dodge and is awaiting allocation. If you are first in line at your dealership, you are sitting pretty and will get a car as soon as they receive an allocation.

14. rnr

rnr Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Except the dealer will almost certainly have Challenger HC orders outstanding so how do we decide where that one allocation goes? I have the #1 Charger slot at Bob Fredericks but since he has dozens of Challengers outstanding who knows if/when I will get mine.

15. dave06srt

dave06srt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was assuming he had a magical 1st in line overall order hehe. I'm in the same boat as you. Been talking with my dealer to see if they will do a monthly rotation for their allocation. One month challenger, next charger. He is supposed to get back to me, but I'm not holding my breath. I am almost at the point of defeat and realization that I won't be getting a hellcat which really sucks. I've never seen a manufacturer so eager to turn away $70k as dodge is.