Power Connection...?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by MrBigKid, Mar 13, 2015.

1. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On my RT I ran a cable from the battery under the carpet into the dash for a distribution block.

I really do not want to strip the interior on the HC like I did the RT.

Does anyone know of a tapping point besides the battery? I know there is the connection under the hood and if I have to go through the firewall I will, but I am hoping there is a better location.
    And while I use the cig lighter connection for a relay, I doubt it is a heavy enough gauge to handle a distribution block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jennis2613

jennis2613 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    There is a connection, for the positive battery cable, under the front passenger side carpet at the bottom of the firewall.
    You have to remove the kick panel, pull the carpet down and you will see a rubber shield coming down from the dashboard. Lift the rubber up and the positive battery cable (from the trunk) will be bolted to the firewall. There is another cable bolted on the outside of the firewall that continues out to the engine compartment. Tap the line right there on the inside to your distribution block.
    Hope this helps.

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL Seen the panel but thought it ran straight thru the firewall to the engine compartment. Live and learn!

4. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I do not see any termination at the firewall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jennis2613

jennis2613 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    It bolts up on the passenger side firewall, about where your toes would be if your feet were placed up against it, pull the carpet and padding up then lift up the rubber that comes down from the dash and you will see it. On the outside if you look up under the front wheel well liner, on the firewall, you will see a chunk of rubber where the cable is bolted there then continues into the engine compartment.