PRESALE PRICE: Solo Performance 3" Catback for SRT and Hellcat Challenger

Discussion in 'Solo Performance' started by goingsolo2, Aug 14, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Solo Performance 3" Catback Exhaust Kit

Model Year:
    Make: Challenger SRT and Hellcat (Automatic and Manual)

Solo Performance is proud to introduce its SRT and Hellcat 3" Catback Exhaust Kit. We have worked very hard to engineer an exhaust kit that not only sounds good, but is drone free. Raw American muscle on the outside and a refined, non-invasive performance exhaust note on the inside. The dramatic sound difference from outside to inside is accomplished by months of research and development plus specific product design. Fit, form, and function are the cornerstones of our Solo Performance SRT and Hellcat exhaust kits. All of us at Solo Performance are very proud to bring this exhaust kit to the Challenger SRT and Hellcat community.

Details:
    • 3" mandrel bent T409 stainless steel piping
    • Solo X-Pipe
    • No mufflers or resonators
    • Reuses OEM tips (reuse OEM clamps at tips)
    • No drone
    • No CEL
    • Reuses OEM exhaust valves (see below)
    • Free flowing exhaust with J pipes already welded on and preset to eliminate drone. They tuck up and out of sight on each side.
    Exhaust Valves:
    • We will provide a return labeled box. Cut the valves out of your OEM kit, send them to us using the provided return labeled box, we will modify, ship back, and you simply reinstall in place of a small section in the kit. You will have a CEL until you reinstall the valves modified by us. The CEL will go off on its own after 3-4 drive cycles.
    • If you choose to weld the valves in on your own, just let us know. (subtract $50)
    • Provide a quieter note (still more aggressive than stock) when closed, and insane, angry note when open…best of both worlds.
    Pricing:
    • Retail: $875 shipped to the continental US and some parts of Canada
    • Muffler Version: $975
    • Subtract $50 if welding the valves back in on your own.
    Notes:
    • Please mark drivers side and passenger side on the valves before sending them back to us.
    • The valves reinstall on left side (on drivers side) and right side (on passenger side) of kit. Take plug harness out of OEM clip on passenger side to extend wire and zip tie the rest up.
    • Tuning is recommended to obtain the maximum benefit of this kit, as it is very free flowing.
    • Clamps provided should be torqued to approximately 40ft./lbs.
    • Factory tip clamps have a small weld on them, which need to be grinded off to reuse the clamp.

Steve Mariano
    Solo Performance Sales and Customer Service
    516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com

IMG_4525.jpg IMG_4529.jpg IMG_4522.jpg

Sound clips on the A8.

Additional pictures and sound clips on the M6 here: SOLO Challenger Exhaust Installed SRT Hellcat Forum

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Steve,

Wouldn't it be better to ship with new valves, raise price and once old sent back refund core charge of valves so this is done same day. Not everyone has a torch or exhaust cutters and some will want to retain stock exhaust. I heard the valves are pricey didn't look

B5

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bump for good price and outstanding customer service next 40 questions gonna be how much hp does it gain ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks and sounds nice but i will have to wait for warranty to expire, stock sounds phenomenally loud already, will definitely upgrade if I could fly one of your shop techs down here to weld and do the whole works :D love the product and videos

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yess, Nycsrt is right, how much HP???, LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm with B5 Steve.I don't mind paying more to have the valves installed before it leaves ur shop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will talk to Jeff about it tomorrow. We haven't done anything in the last like that. I'll post up when I hear back. Any exhaust shop can cut them out very easily. I will definitely get back with you when I get word back:)

8. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not going to be a lot without tuning...it's a supporting airflow mod, just like a CAI, and the car is already lean from factory. To see full advantage of power from the kit, it needs to be tuned. Sound will be there whether it's tuned or not, and it's safe to drive it without a tune...but all the power will come from taking advantage of the added airflow by adding fuel in the tune. Anyone with experience and knowledge will vouch for that. I saw it first hand on the dyno yesterday. We made 24hp and 10tq in 90 degree weather. In colder weather, you can safely guess it would be at least 20 more. Those are SAE numbers with zero smoothing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have an email in and will get back to you. We will have to look into that. As of this second, what I have listed is the only option. Hopefully we can have more options. I just did it as well, and it was not hard. The valves can be swapped right in your driveway using ramps.

10. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great information, thank you. Actually a breath of fresh air. A vendor who actually tells like it is, Love it ;););););)

• Like Like x 1
  11. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I checked on a core charge process. The actuators are not currently available to even be bought from a dealership parts department. I checked with my dealer and a few other sources. They are being used to fulfill the orders Chrysler already has for the SRT's and Hellcats. Even if they did become available, they are $327 per actuator. That would be an insulting core charge of $654, and if we did not get a set back from someone, we would be screwed because they are not available to be ordered currently. Ordering an entire catback kit is out of the question as well, as they are $3020 for the full catback from the dealership parts department. Even if we did offer a core charge, the customer would still have to cut out their original valves to send back anyways, so that can not be avoided. We are going to stay with our current plan, as it works best and costs the customer nothing additional. B5 Blue MaxxMuscle

12. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The "core charge" could easily be accomplished by pre-charging for the actuators and then crediting once the buyer returns his actuators. There might be an increased inventory cost to get this option initiated.

I would suppose you could easily offer a Charger version with an added length of pipe.

13. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We don't want to charge the customer $650 more off the bat, especially when they need to be cut out regardless and the kit is $699 itself right now. The kit can be run with supplied pipe while they are getting retro'd as well. It's a quick 15-20 minute swap once you get them back. Also, it doesn't change the fact that they can't even be ordered from the dealer right now.

14. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    More pictures of the kit:)

Laid out...all hardware needed is included.
    image.jpg

Weld on factory tip clamp that needs to be wheeled/separated in order to reuse clamp.

image.jpg

You can see J pipes (to eliminate drone) tucked up on the left and right side of the rear section.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  15. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I thank you for being one of the first (if not the first) to earnestly approach a good aftermarket cat-back alternative to OEM. I would like an improved exhaust note at this time, but considering my pioneering journey with my 2005 Magnum RT where I was one of the first to install a 6.1L-based stroker motor before Diablo developed a tune, which lead to me buying and re-buying what seemed like every system in my drive train, I will patiently watch the Hellcat pioneers, admiring their journey, but sitting on the sidelines.

That said, for now, until a few "proven" systems, e.i., intakes, catbacks, pulleys, tunes, etc., have come to market, I'd like to take the "cowardly" approach of an axle-back exhaust, which probably offers little flow improvement, but a better exhaust note to ease my impatience on the sidelines.

Maybe you could offer the axle-back part of your system to us "cowards". We could pretend we were playing, when we actually aren't. Possibly, it could be a "stage 1" sub-system that could be upgraded to a full system in the future.