Pretty sure I just heard...

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by StellasHC, Mar 31, 2015.

1. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ...my driveshaft wimper a little... I have never been one to follow break in guidelines to the T, but I did go a little easy the first 500 to get the clutch broken in... its time.. 2015-03-31 15.46.41.jpg

On a side note, just before I took the pic, and at 490 something miles, I was caught at a Red Light next to a new ZL1. The driver and passenger are looking over smiling and we exchange a wave...Im thinking "oh hell yes.. My Mickey Thompson drag radials are mounted, break in is done, not a better way to celebrate than walking a ZL1!!!".... then I glanced in the rear view and saw my 4 year old birthday girl that I was bringing to lunch and the Disney Store...haha.. its your lucky day Mr ZL1...next time.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I wasn't that adult way back daughter in car seat with both boys in the back with her in my Road Runner

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would have raced a bit and have already with my whole family in the car. Just don't go 150mph. Just do a 0-60

4. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Sorry, my little girls safety is more important than hammering a ZL1... A LOT can happen 0-60..

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love this story. Children above all. You're on my favorite good parents list. Thanks for sharing. I could picture a short mini video movie as I was reading your story.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe you can be the first to finally shed some light on how well the M6 can do at the track. I bet you can get low 11s! Do you have any plans of going to the track? If not, maybe you can just share the performance pages stats. There's just not any strong info out there on the M6 1/4 mile times.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh yeah, and remember that your little girl always 'has a dog in the fight' whether or not she's in the car with you. You'll always be her daddy. Stay safe :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

For sure going yo the track... Ive got a date with my buddies C6 that has a T Trim....

The only test I have ever seen of the M6 has it trapping at 125mph..pretty damn close to the A8 cars. So the potential is there, someone will just have to drive the S#*t out of it to get a number. Its not going to be a point and shoot like the A8.

If the M6 didnt have to shift into 4th to complete the 1/4, it would be HUGE.. 3rd gear tops at 120, so the 3-4 shift is necessary, and it will effect ET. We will see. I think with a very doable 1.7 60' time, a 11.20 is a given with clean shifts.