Prices are dropping...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by RadCat, Dec 17, 2014.

1. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So the local dealer that wanted $20k over MSRP, and I told him no, sent me an email today, new person (haven't spoken to this one yet), sales manager. He had this to say:

"I want to let you know that we have recently lowered the price on the Hellcat. The new suggested retail price is $74780.00 I would like to see if you are still interested in purchasing the Hellcat?"

Still $10k over MSRP, I told him I'd pass. But there are dealers that are starting to realize these cats are going to sit on their lots for asking too much.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. ITSAHEMI

ITSAHEMI Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let em sit. They are greedy Bast&%#@ !

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ha! I hope they lost their next allotment because of their greed! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree! Let them sit! Hopefully they figure out they are losing allotments because of it.

I've been watching the eBay listing and they are not selling either due to high reserve prices. Most bids are getting up to about MSRP and stopping there. There are a few going up to around $5k over MSRP and still not meeting reserve.

Maybe by spring selling at MSRP will be common place and a few will sell under.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ATLHellcat

ATLHellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If they are averaging 35 builds a day, 6 days a week, they can knock out 9,100 MORE Hellcats between now and the end of the 2015 model year in September. They are catching up to demand very quickly and would imagine they would cut production back as demand is being met. You will easily be able to walk into any dealership in the Spring and buy at MSRP. By the end of the 2015 model year, you'll find them under MSRP if they keep up the production ramp. They will have new colors announced and sunroof, etc. in the summer so some will just hold off for 2016. No reason to pay over MSRP with these production levels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Some of the responses I'm hearing from dealerships I've called went from saying:

"There are only 1200 being built" (September) to saying:
    "There are only 3000 being built" (end of November) to saying:
    "They will be building as many as they can starting January, or a least as many as the supply available will let them" (today).

As a result, $20,000 markup (September) has turned in to $5,000 (November) markup. Also heard $3,000 markup and MSRP (today), so yup, prices are coming down now for the ones that were charging a markup now that they are realizing there won't be a limit on the production. I think by the end of February, prices will easily be MSRP and below, particularly for the dealerships that have already sold several hellcats. Heck, some were selling MSRP from the beginning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the ones i saw on ebay were still getting bids at 8k-10k over sticker.....they werent meeting the reserve, but still the suckers with too much money keep feeding the frenzy

too many here still think the car will always be golden too.....

we should take a poll on when prices will be normalized? i vote March-April

i dont think it will take the whole model year.......all it would take is a new announcement GT500 or Camaro super car thats 50hp more and HC sales would plumit and it would be only Dodge brand loyal left.....Chevy isnt going to sit still forever with 550hp when everyone is in the 700's (i hear the 2017 gt500 is going to be above the HC)

i think all the people with $5k-20k extra to spend will have their Hellcats and be able to say they got it first

8. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was guessing April/May

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just had the Sales Manager of Gurnee Dodge in Gurnee, Illinois call me and tell me that their Black A8 was on the showroom floor if I was interested... I told him that I knew they were marking it 15k over Sticker and he told me " yes, that is where we are starting..." I proceeded to tell him that he maybe would of gotten 10k over sticker a month ago, but the markups are coming down as people are getting their ordered cars at MSRP as we speak, and a person had just picked up a car for only 1500 over that he didnt even order... I told him that I *might* consider doing 2500 over sticker today, just to have one today and not have to wait for an allocation... He replied " well, it sounds like you have been doing your homework. If we have to come down that low to sell the car, Ill call you..."

I think he is even starting to realize that people paying these insane markups are slowly going away... He was just fishing for a sucker off his list...

I give it 2 months and these mark ups will be a thing of the past...

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    someone just picked up a canceled order for msrp
    i wouldnt consider $2500 extra if i were you.....your just helping feed the ADM beast and reinforce their tactics

in my business i dont charge extra during emergency times....i get more work at the same price as always....most businesses dont raise their prices in high demand periods...its called gouging.......dealerships are one of the few places this happens

11. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wouldnt consider the 2500 markup... I was fishing, just like him... Now, come March or April and I cant get my hands on a car.... I might reconsider that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's because you are ETHICAL!! Rare breed these days....I agree that's how business should be done.

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    repeat business and referrals is everything......95%+ of my business is repeat/referrals

paying full msrp to me ($5k profit) is a crazy $$ to give them for 30 minutes of paper work.....i really dont want to pay MSRP....i most likely will though at some point......im kinda glad the sunroof is delayed....my love for the sunroof will push me back to aug/sept and things should be different by then

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mopar_Convert

Mopar_Convert Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prices may be dropping, but not in San Diego - I took this picture today - this is in the showroom - so I don't think they can claim its just a mistake... while its not a $150,000 mark-up like the previous one - its close.

I told them I was a player at MSRP - but MSRP + $95,000 takes me out of the target market - The salesman looked annoyed.

Attached Files:

15. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Scumbag dealers are everywhere! But someone stupid enough to pay that price kinda deserves it...;)