Problems with Wheel hop

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by FireLane, Jan 23, 2016.

1. FireLane

FireLane SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Is anyone else having problems with wheel hop? I have a 2016 charger hellcat with Nitto drag radials on the back. Best time so far has been a 10.98 at 125. The few times I've been to the track I hook on my first pass (1.64 60') and then every other pass after that I get wheel hop and have to let out of it. I've tried launching at idle and various RPMs, with and without a burnout and it doesn't matter it just continues to wheel hop. I usually have the air pressure at 21 psi. I've already installed the speedlogix lower trailing arms. Any other ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  2. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    bump

3. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Drag radials must be heated up otherwise the sticky compounds in the rubber will not activate. Do not do a big smokey burnout as overheating them will make them greasy. Heat them up until you start to see a little smoke and then you are good. 21 PSI is high. Drop them down to 15 and see if they hook. If they do then raise the pressure in half pound increments until they don't hook. Keep in mind that even on drag radials a torque monster like this will still require throttle control. You want your tire pressures to be as high as possible while still biting off the line. Keep in mind that just a touch of wheel spin of the line is a good thing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, bump your front tire pressures up to 45 PSI. Set the suspension setting to street. Keep your traction control on until you get comfortable with it then set the traction control to track. It does not turn it off, but dumb it down.

• Useful Useful x 1