Proflex Commander

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Builds' started by catdodgehell, Dec 14, 2016.

1. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just wanted to post my results of a new Proflex Commander on 93 and E85 tune in TX. First I want to say I am a customer not part of any company at all. I really like what I read about E85 fuel but I am NOT going to test every fuel station I fill up at. That is why I decided to be the 1st Guinea CAT in the country to try this Proflex Commander. There is a sensor in the fuel line that detects how much ethanol in the fuel line before it enters the engine and will make the adjustments but it does not adjust timing. You can run (super fuel, base tune and e85) You can read more at their web site (www.advancedfueldynamics.com). Here is my mods before tune and after.

BASE LINE dyno

dyno

638.6whp 628.6wtq

BEFORE dyno was a 97 degree day with 80% humidity

ATI 10% under, 180 thermostat, bwoody CAI, 98mm TB, Diablo unlocked PCM, deleted mid mufflers

Before dyno

702.6whp 687.7wtq

AFTER

Added, RAM Force 10.5 Dual Disc Clutch System (900 Series Disc), 4in Aluminum 1000HP drive shaft

ASU injectors 1400cc, Fore Innovations BAP, (did not need too) but replace entire fuel line and rails, Proflex Commander,

tuned, using E85 at about 77% ethanol.

dyno

789.3whp 787.1wtq

The car was undrivable, throwing codes on e85. Come to find out Hellcats don’t like over 60 PSI fuel pressure and need some more sensors. Fore Innovations was a big help with the tuners I took the car to in Houston tx. They knew what the problem was and is trying to work with the Proflex Commander because I want to put 114 octane Ethanol racing fuel for the few times I go to the track. I also told them to delete the cats add 2.65 and Bwoody 3.5 Heater exchange.

Should be getting my car back next week. So I still don't know if this is a good produce for the Hellcat or not. Putting this out to you guys so if it works or not. Hate for anyone to waste your money if its not worth it.

If you plan to unlock your PCM, tuners prefer HHP. Much easier for them to work with

tuning.

2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like you have some money invested in that car.

3. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes but wanted right the 1st time. Maybe 2nd time now. Learned alot on here just trying to give back you guys.

4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    When you get it dial in, certainly should make a statement!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't waste your money go with a straight E 85 -tune. they took it off my car

6. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    SEEMS strange: they still have mention of it on their web site: "in development". I even emailed them and got the reply "in development". Do you think putting in the larger injectors caused an issue. I would think AFDynamics would want to have a stock mule to test with rather than one with existing engine mods. Sheets in NC in my area are building/changing their facilities to offer three blends of E-(fules). Saw it the other day when filling up the Charger. No prices listed outside and I didn't want to take the time to go inside and ask. I don't plan on running flat out but would like to have the ability to cut the fill up price even if it meant buying their product as long as it won't hurt the stock engine.

Have they contacted you after your post of 12/22/16 when you indicate "they took it off"?

Cheers.

7. catdodgehell

catdodgehell Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NO. I have Talked to the GUY who owns it at the E85 pump. Told him i had to take it off. SERIOUS HP who tuned my car tried to make it work but thier are no benifits without adjusting the timing.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017