Proving You Were on Bluetooth

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by goingsolo2, Oct 9, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In both my Hellcat and my fiancés Grand Cherokee, our cell phones automatically connect to the UConnect and use Bluetooth for phone calls. She was pulled over last night by a really obnoxious police officer (I was on the phone with her listening to it). He claimed she was holding the phone to her right ear, when she was clearly not and was using her Bluetooth. Is there a way to prove that she was on her Bluetooth during the phone call? She drives for a living and can lose her job over matter like this, so any help would be much appreciated.

She pulled over to the side of the road, and the officer made her pull back onto the road and get off the next exit. She called me scared because she was not sure this was a real police officer, as there was no reason to make her get back on the road and pull off the next exit. He was tailing her very closely through a construction zone, trying to get her to speed up so he could ticket her. Instead, she obeys the speed limit and is pulled over for something that she did not do.

2. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear that brother. That is a nasty ticket in NY. In the future that cell phone can't be in sight. Definitely plead not guilty and go to court. Consider an attorney given the risk to her job. I can get you a referral just let me know. Should be able to negotiate a lesser ticket. Highly likely.

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks bro...I told her to go fight it as well. She is going to ask one of our friends that is a lawyer. Her phone was in the slot under the radio that you put things in, plugged into her charger.

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    funny how the law for cell phone usage just requires an officer to say you were using it to ******. We all know how honest officers are lately ;)

Your only defense is to hope the judge believes you were using bluetooth.

5. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Officiers integrity today is just like members on this forum. There's always a few pin heads who make the rest look like idiots.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Amen. One or two douchebags reflect poorly on all of them in most people's eyes. Luckily, not in mine. I love and respect LEO's ... the vast majority of them are wonderful people who perform a dangerous but necessary (and mostly thankless) job.

April

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As the father and father in law of 2 police officers I take offense of what you said.
    This kind of attitude that permeates our country these days is sickening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any organization should be open for critique only to make themselves stronger and better.

9. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe the cars radio screen saves your cell phone history showing your calls & etc the same as your phone does so I don't see why you can't take a picture of it to show the court that you were using the cars Bluetooth at the time of the traffic stop.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go to court and good luck. With the right lawyers I'm sure she will win. Hopefully the cell phone history is stored in the car.

11. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought if you pulled up the uconnect it would show you recent calls etc?

12. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I took a video showing the phone automatically connecting and the recent calls list on the screen. Hopefully that's good enough with a lawyer.

• Agree Agree x 1