Purchasing Advice.... Georgia

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Professor, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Professor

Professor Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay, I have been lurking around for a while, and I am now relatively sure I want a Challenger. I have contemplated a SRT 392 Shaker Scat Pack, and obviously, a Hellcat. I know the differences, just trying to justify the $20k more for the 700HP, but that is where I am leaning.

Obviously by the title I am in Georgia, just outside of Atlanta. I don't quite understand the allocation system, and which dealers have them, AND more importantly which dealer will provide the best deal. I buy a lot of stuff from Akins, and they are a large dealer... but hearing they are $5-7000 over MSRP for Cats.

Questions...
    How long will I wait?
    How do I find best dealer to place an order with?
    Best way to buy a used one? Low miles?
    Colors... so Dodge rotates out colors each model year? Is Plum Crazy about run its course? B5 Blue? Also like Silver and Granite Crystal

Sorry for so many questions.. just doing due diligence. Isn't that what Forums are for??

And I too have a ZL1 that I would be making the move from.....or adding too.

Thanks!

2. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cars are available immediately at dealer for MSRP all over the country. To buy at MSRP you might have to travel. Use the dodge site to search dealers inventory. If you spec out a car and order it be prepared for a wait. Wait time varies based on how many cars a dealer has been allocated and when his next car is to be built. Deals exist on used cars but it's buyer beware. Some of these cars get beat on for 5000 miles and then turned over and some are well kept and not abused. They are for sale from time to time on this forum. If someone on the forum is selling their car you can get a pretty good idea of how they treat it by their post if you use the search function. Good luck!

3. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    carsgurus.com

new or used..

4. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Call Edd Kirby, they offered me msrp on Plum Challenger M6.

5. Danny123

Danny123 SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Avoid Land mark dodge! Total rip off. They tried to charge me $20k over MSRP back in November, finally found my car in Chicago for 5 k over MSRP but I was good with that as it was loaded and the color I wanted, I also talked to Akins but they never had a allotment and was tired of the run around. By now there is a lot more cars available. You should be able to find what you want at MSRP, you may have to fly there and drive it home like I did, but it is a very fun road trip and you get to break the cat in on the way home. Danny

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a torred challenger hellcat,A8 with 1260 miles for 63k. If interested..

7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    friend has a shaker...think he paid $45-50k for it...nice car

to me if im going to spend $50k for 2nd best when $15k more gets me an over the top #1 id rather spend $15k more...

the shaker has miniature wheels(265's) and is missing lots of SRT goodies...its not just an engine....

just do any basic search for the car and you will find one somewhere.....then drive/fly to get it..i think MSRP is pretty standard now price wise

• Like Like x 1
  8. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was in same bought as you. I went Hellcat and have no regrets. They are all nice cars.

What are you looking for? Color, trans and options. Post up what you want. Somebody may now where a car is available. I'd rather find one and grab it than go the order route but that is just me. The 2016 ordering process is much better than it was in 2015. Dodge ironed out many of the problems. You just need a dealer that is knowledgeable and honest and you should have no problem ordering one if they have an allocation.

9. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Georgia dealer to avoid-Cass Burch in Valdosta--they swear that the market is still hot enough to get $12k adm, but it doesn't really jive as they've had their B5 blue Challenger for about 2 months. Looking to maybe pick it up a Chally to go with the Charger, but it won't be from them.

10. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There's a dealer in Commerce GA. He was going for MSRP when I was looking for. But I already made a deal in Tampa, FL.

11. Professor

Professor Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sublime...Thanks for the quick and thorough reply

M5... I have seen the Ed Kirby name on the forum before, I will find it and check. Thanks

Danny... I have heard the same about Landmark, and I can't figure Akin's out either. I have done a lot of business with them, but they act like they can't get one.

Huggy... Thanks for the Shaker Comparison. I did not realize the differences. I had pretty much came to the same conclusion though.. I want the best!

SRT_HC_707... Having a hard time figuring out what I want!! M6, A8.. Blue/Grey/Silver/Plum... Choices, choices!

Thanks.. I will check them out too! I will probably have a ZL1 trade, which may complicate things a little. Need to find a Dodge/Chevy dealer.

Thanks again guys,very helpful!

12. Professor

Professor Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would consider used, but sorry, I just don't want red.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    get a A8 in a bright color...thats my advice.....

14. Professor

Professor Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why the A8? I like Plum Crazy, and B5,.. just afraid they may wear on me after a little while.... I like Sublime too... but that's not an option at this point. Have thought Plum crazy with the carbon fiber stripes... but may be too late on that as well.

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    both great color choices

ive drag raced average guys with M6's....im like 1.5 seconds ahead of them...off the line they disappear, never to be seen again until im across the finish line yawning......i am very much a drag racing beginner...yet im now in the low 11's after 3x's at the drag strip.......most of the beginner M6 guys are mid 12's or even 14's.....in my opinion the car was made for the A8....w/o it your losing something....i think the A8 is equal to the 707hp motor in importance....

you see a few forum members going from M6's to A8's.....dont think ive seen anyone going from a A8 to a M6??? anyone?

my other car is a M6, so i get it.....im lucky to own a manual and a auto.......i would never consider the HC w/o the A8...as a beginner id get my ass handed to me by Subaru's who know what they are doing.....seems like the M6 is impossible to launch w/o experience

to each his own

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1