Purchasing Pre-production Challenger Hellcat; what to look for

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by IYAOYAS, Oct 18, 2015.

1. IYAOYAS

IYAOYAS Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm about to go and pick up next week my 2015 black with red interior, A8 Challenger Hellcat with a sunroof in Ohio, and drive it back to California. The car has about 1350 miles on it and I need to know is there anything I need to look for before I hand over the check to the dealer. Are there any forum members here that own a pre-production Hellcat? Any help would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to getting off the sidelines and into the game!!!! I have to go and start to making room in my garage!!!

2. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Make sure they have done all the software updates to the engine, trans, uConnect. There were fuel line fixes, coolant leaks in superchargers on some cars, radiators that were not made right with a simple metal gauge block to check for correctness, check the dodge.com owners page for any recalls or service bullitens by entering your VIN, check the wiki page here for TSB and other notices. Good luck and post pictures.

3. carcrazyguy

carcrazyguy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would be checking the rear wheel well areas for rubber build up. Also the door jam areas and passengers seat from people getting in and out repeatedly.

4. NCWildCat

NCWildCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Skid marks in the seats!!!!:eek: