Question for 2013, 14 GT500 owners past and present

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Ponycarkilla, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well though I'd have a cool race story to tell. I was out this evening on the hunt and I look in my rear view mirror and I see a nice clean black drop top 2014 GT 500 coming up on me, a guy with his hot girlfriend. I could see his expression yeah I'm gonna feast on this 392 and impress my lady.

We were cruising in a 35 mph zone when he slowly pulls along the side of me, him and his lady both glance at hellcat logo and you could see the oh sh#t look on both their faces then they both look straight ahead like I was invisible. So he quickly pulls ahead of me so he could do the typical side st turnoff. We were both coming up to a folk so I jump behind him, we get right up close to the light and when he sees that I commit to the left of the fork he jumps from left of the fork to the right to avoid the hellcat looked way too obvious lol, then he jumps on it roaring in engine squealing the tires going the opposite way.

You kidding me? The mighty 662hp GT500 is afraid the hellcat also? This is getting comical, two 11 second cars wanted nothing to do with the hellcat in the same week, first a new twin turbo BMW M6 now a 14 GT500. Guess I'll start racing crotch rockets they're the only ones who want a piece.

Now to my question. I was once considering buying a 13/14 GT500 at one time before the hellcat announcement. I know people on this forum own both or came from the Shelby. So my question is how do you think you would do against a A8 hellcat on the street? Does your hellcat seem faster? Personally I think I would've blew his doors off. The A8 shifts too darn fast for any manual. So how do you think you would do against an A8 hellcat on the street? Both cars being stock of course.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. Ponycarkilla

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i hear you, I'll come clean I don't race on public roads. first because of safety and because my lively hood depends on me having a drivers license and a clean driving record. Plus the local drag strip is only 9 miles from my driveway. I just find it funny people show these cars so much respect they want no parts of it, even some fast old school muscle cars. Owning a hellcat to me is like having a black belt,. You don't have anything to prove because you know the average opponent is inferior and you can take them out. But it is fun being the playground bully.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The OP is asking a question about the GT500, not starting a thread /coversation about street racing. Happens every fcuking time. Maybe we can just make a "sticky" for a thread and we'll have everyone that doesn't speed or race on the street tell their story so we don't have to read about it on every thread.

Back on topic:

I don't have a GT500, but Stock for stock, HC should win.... However, it's a driver's race. One car spins tires and it's a L.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a case of the ol'.....
    [​IMG]

5. Xx So0L xX

Xx So0L xX BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I smoked a tuned gt500 already in my hellcat stock just drag radials

There no gt500 drivers that can shift as fast as my a8 period

6. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wouldn't know what a Hellcat would beat yet since I only have a whopping 34 miles on mine so far! Well...I did tromp it once...couldn't resist! But I do plan to follow the break in as much as I can.

-Ponycarkilla I believe I saw you drive by in your car while I was at the dealer picking up my car this past Thursday?....The Jazz blue one is now mine!

7. Ponycarkilla

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those were kind of my thoughts, I know they have better power to weight but trying to out shift the A8 is futile. Hoping people who own or have driven both chime in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xx So0L xX

Xx So0L xX BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't bother waiting cause the owners will shine poop to make there gt look almighty meanwhile it's trash all they got is aftermarket world wit tons of parts wait till
    We have the same options

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ponycarkilla

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You got it? Congrats man!! wasn't me didn't drive it Thursday but I was at the dealer Friday, had to take the HC in because the mud flaps they installed were rubbing bad. I think I seen your trade in Friday when I was there, a nice silver and black 392 like on your profile page, it was parked by the service dept. Well anyways congrats again, you have to make a delivery impressions thread with pic's. Also, always make sure you put your car in valet mode if you ever have to leave it at the dealer or anywhere else.

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i own both

A8 hc is faster..

i do think a M6 GT500 vs a M6 HC would be a decent race.....depending on the driver either could win

you will not blow the doors off a 13/14 GT500 (it depends on what your definition is of this i guess)...its not a 5.0.....its 662 hp with -500 lbs.........the A8 is all where your going to win.....off the line i would smoke my gt500 with me driving it....but then again i dont know how to launch a manual well...i always bog

i wouldnt get too cocky over this stuff...maybe he just doesnt street race.....many GT500's are mod'd too

on the gt500 forums they talk about beating HC's too

[​IMG]

11. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is more than rumors that the next GT500 will have an auto option, if that happens the cat will have a fight on it's hands, until then they only have the legend to smile about,;) The A8 cats own the track for now....
    TC

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ponycarkilla

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey man thanks for the reply. I'm still intrigued by the 13/14 GT500's, they sound great and are rare. I would love to line up with one at the track. When they put an auto in those cars they will be trouble. Maybe my blow the doors off quote comes from watching what Fatt-Cat Thompsons car did to that stock GT500, but that could've been a bad driver in the 500. Wish there were more videos out there with the two going at it.

13. Xx So0L xX

Xx So0L xX BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gt500 auto for strip killer combo agreed plus tons of aftermarket support

14. Ponycarkilla

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You beat me to it, it will also be even lighter than the previous. Hopefully venders will have a lot more mods available before they hit the ST.

UPDATE 2017 Shelby GT500 is coming could crack 740 HP w Direct-Injection Twin-Turbo EcoBoost 5.0 Video HorsepowerKings.com

15. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Had a 2014 GT500 and installed a Revan Racing 13-6 package. Ford Racing throttle body, CAI, and Lund tune. Man, opened up the potential in that car. I wish Van worked our cars. The package was reliable...no codes, no issues, just an improvement on an already respectable car that was quite incredible. Also added a Bob's catch can with AN fittings and braided hoses. Sadly, I couldn't keep it and get the Hellcat :oops:

I couldn't shift the snake anywhere near what my A8 cat will do. The interior and electronics in the snake were no where near what the cat is. Having said that, it has it's own special attributes that made it a great car to own for a while (my only Ford car, also have had 2 Raptors and a Harley Davidson F-150 in the past).

Revan Racing Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs
    Revan Racing Stage 13-6 for 2013 2014 GT500 s Plastic Hydro Carbon Finish Throttle Body Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing Inc.

Haters, don't be hatin'...it wasn't a Honda :D

IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0217.JPG IMG_0138.JPG IMG_0151.JPG

• Like Like x 1