Quote to ship my Hellcat IN to CA

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by SDCharger, Mar 16, 2015.

1. SDCharger

SDCharger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I am in the San Diego area, dealers are marking up the Hellcats a lot here. I ordered one from a dealer in the midwest at MSRP. Here's the quotes I have so far, thought it might be good ballpark info to help some buyers decide to fly/drive or have it delivered if purchasing out of state. All are enclosed transport from Indiana to San Diego area. All are door to door, no terminals or transfers.

Quote 1 - Multi car trailer, 7-10 days pickup to delivery $2100
    Quote 2 - Muti car trailer, $1900 (did not give estimated delivery time)
    Quote 3 - Single car trailer, 4-6 days pickup to delivery $2800

For me it's a no-brainer, I'm shipping the car for $2k vs a $500 plane ticket, a week off work, fuel, hotel and redbull.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't go wrong with the shipping, but what a road trip ...if doable. Some have shared their journeys home. Now that it is getting warmer= more fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    There have been other cost analyses on this topic so I am not "going there"; but a week off work sounds like an over-estimate. Fly out Thursday night, leave for home Friday morning in your new ride, have one helluva weekend in your new machine and show up for work Monday with a great prize, huge grin and amazing story! (I was actually going to do exact that from Philly to Arizona, but then found a local deal).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    At least you'd be well broken in by the time you got back to CA. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in Washington state and getting mine hopefully in a few weeks from Chicago.. I considered shipping it too, but the shipping companies make me nervous and I don't trust them.. So I opted to fly and drive..

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SDCharger

SDCharger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yea, that would be a nice road trip for sure! It's not for me right now with what I have going on. With work and kids I barely have a free weekend in the next 6 months but that's another story altogether.....

Just wanted to post up the quotes I got so if anyone else was considering a similar distance it may help you decide one way or the other.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 707hpcharger

707hpcharger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Are those quotes for open or enclosed trailer?

8. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You really need to go and look at the car and check it out before you sign on the bottom line........A lot of people here have had damage to the car by shipping.......By not going and checking it for yourself you could get into a bad spot if it gets to you damaged in some way......It will be a he said, she said kind of deal..........

Be Careful..........

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. SDCharger

SDCharger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Enclosed, door to door.

10. BlackCat15

BlackCat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe if you covered the plane ride you'd get someone here to offer their services. :) HAHA

I wouldn't let anyone drive my baby either. Make sure you have the dealer record the mileage when it's loaded maybe even have them put it in valet mode and let the shipping company know you're expecting the same on delivery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would only use reliable carriers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Perhaps a mini inspection via Skype. Have the dealer get his iPad out and have them give you a tour. Better than nothing, cheap/free and easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have had no less thank 10 cars shipped to me here in Houston. by far my favorite carrier is reliable carriers. I used a couple of the others but they are all brokers. There is one guy www.enclosedvehicletransport.com that seems to be very nice,but i have not used them. Reliable are the only that own there trucks and trailers also there drivers are employees not just brokers. it was 1200 to get a 96 impalaSS from muncie IND to houston. I always request to be on the top shelf . I don't want drips on my car.I will say this about reliable. it took the 4 weeks to pick up my impala and I was not happy about that at all. but every other time it was great. You have to be careful with these brokers. I has a 93 12valve 4x4 shipped from maine on a open car trailer. I was quoted 695. So i figured what the HAY. Well he got down here on a sunday at 8pm. I had just got back from North carolina and was unloading my CUDA when I got the call.He said that he could not make to my house and asked if I could meet him at south west infinity. I said well ok. I grabbed some cash and me and the wife drove 15 min to him . when I got there I found it suspect that the truck was still on the truck. I asked him If he could take it down I'm tired and got to get up in the AM. He said after we settle up he would do so. I handed him the money then told me that I was 300 short.I brought my paper work with me and showed him. He said that his showed A different amount. I was HOT. he put me on the phone with his so called boss who barely spoke english. and he told me that I owe him 300 more or he is going to take the the car to a storage lot. I called the police asap. when they showed up the cop was cool and told me to pay him or he will take it to the storage lot. And then it will cost you more money, He also informed me that he get least 2 calls a week about these car transports and this BS that they pull. It really dose not matter what paper work I had. its a civil matter and they know it.He asked me if he was based out of florida? I looked and he was. he said that a lot of them are based there. So thats my shipping story.

• Useful Useful x 3
  14. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What part of Indiana? I'm in general area.( I own a hellcat.)Would not have an issue going and taking a look and forwarding pictures. Let me know if I can help out.

15. SDCharger

SDCharger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the advice, I will get a quote from Reliable. The other companies I got quotes from state they only use company trucks and drivers, no subs.