Raced an SS Camaro last night :/

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Jacob B., Sep 16, 2015.

1. Jacob B.

Jacob B. Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got a few good pulls in. He's running E85, and a few bolt on's, approx 700hp to the tire.

And damn if he didn't fall apart on the tollway. Found it idler pulley laying on the intake :eek::eek::eek::eek:, and luckily found the bolt on the on ramp. Glad we came to a stop to see who could launch better :rolleyes::rolleyes: as he launched, well you know what happened, made it real east to find everything. So after 3 hours of tracking parts down, we ended up bumming a washer off some construction guys @ 2AM. Sad to think I can't race anyone without there car falling apart.... or going up in flames :p Curse of the Hellcat I guess! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

IMG_5935.JPG IMG_5939.JPG

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well we don't want to hear how the Cheby broke down, how did the races go?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jacob B.

Jacob B. Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How do you think? :p

We made a few really good passes. I am dropping into 2nd gear @55mph at a roll (A8). He has a 6 speed, and was good @55 mph also. We were pretty close out of second, and into third. Once I get out of third and into 4th it is OVER!. @150mph he was probably 8-10 car lengths back. :p:p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What do I think? I was not there, how would I know? But, thanks for the info, all else equal, certainly the HC walks at 150+.