Racing Insurance

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by csigler6, Jun 9, 2015.

1. csigler6

csigler6 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went to the drag strip this week and loved it. Beat everyone I raced except for twice when I red lined and still saw them in the mirror. Saw one car spin out but with no damage. This made me think about insurance. Most all policies do not cover any type of track racing. There are companies out there that sell on-track racing insurance policies and they are expensive. The alternative could be much more expensive.
    Something to think about for you Hellcat owners!!!
    Anyone out there have experience with racing insurance? Any words of wisdom?

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would be very surprised if anyone offered it. All of my years around hot rods and drag cars, I don't remember ever discussing this. Anyone else heard of this?

3. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm sure someone out their would do it. In the UK some specific agreed value classic car insurance policies include maybe three track days a year.

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    wreck it on track, drag it off the track into the parking lot, leave it there and say you lost it in the lot next to the drag strip. If it's minor damage go home and claim you hit a tree or hit and run.

5. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are companies that do offer racing insurance out here in Colorado. Jackson Insurance in Loveland, CO. offers racing policies for around $2,000 a year. They are a small company but they have tendered out policies here before for guys that have wrecked at Bandimere. I plan on having a policy before I go to the track, just in case. Last thing I want to do is have to go try and find and buy another Hellcat because I total this one at the track.

6. rw99

rw99 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lockton offers track day insurance, but it's built around road course events... it's for stated value, with corresponding increasing premiums for higher $$ coverage. It's worthwhile if you're tracking something you can't afford to replace...

Always remember, at the drags or the road course, that it may not be YOUR mistake that puts you in the wall... it could be the guy in the other lane losing it, or the car that just blew coolant on turn exit... so there's still risk, no matter how conservatively you push it.

Rich

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We have insurance for our race cars, it runs aprox 4,000.00 for 100,000.00 policy covers everything that can happen at the track...
    TC

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. csigler6

csigler6 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I found a couple companies that offer on-track insurance. Cois Ins in Ohio for $2600 a year unlimited track time and Chizmark Larson in Ilinois with different rates for the amount of track time, but waiting on a price.
    I plan to try the Colorado company and hope it is $2000

• Like Like x 1
  9. Milspec

Milspec Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    4000 A YEAR OR JUST FOR THAT DAY AT THE TRACK?