Radiator Replaced

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by magnummrk, Oct 1, 2015.

1. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealer had the car 2 days and they replaced the radiator and did the fuel line recall.

When I dropped it off to them I reset the top speed to 43moh. I also of course gave them the black key and had it in valet mode.

Before I left I checked and it was still in valet mode, but....the top speed was now 82. I do not know how I feel about this. I went back in and talked with the service manager and showed him the picture I took of the top speed when I dropped it off.

He stated that the tech might have had to take it that fast to get it up to temp.

I know it was not a real fun drive up to 82 with it in valet mode.

I have had other cars to this dealer in the past and I don't really want to be a pain in the butt about it.

As I told him..."that was not cool"

No other issues with the work they did....no scratched rims, coolant under the hood, scratches etc.

Should I just let it go?

2. slester1

slester1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ask yourself what can REALLY BE DONE ABOUT IT AND NOT CAUSE YOU ADDITIONAL PAIN ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did the exact same thing and mine showed 91 mph top speed. . I just laughed it off, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If you haven't driven yours in Valet mode yet, go try it out. You will see how gutless it is, and how much they missed out not having the red key!

4. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I am getting over it real quick.

After reading some of the horror stories about dealers all things considered I am happy!

5. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand. I stressed for a while trying to figure out where to take mine. Finally I just made an appointment and took it in. They were awesome! They checked it out and told me to take it home until the new radiator came in. They double checked and could have the radiator the next morning so I just left it overnight. They did the fuel rail recall, changed radiator out and I had it by noon the next day. Couldn't be more pleased.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. tsubahog

tsubahog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You trust the Tech to fix your car, so why not trust him/her to drive it?

I give mine the red key and settle down in the waiting area with a good book and a coffee and wait until he brings it back. He's not gonna risk his license doing 200mph

Trust and respect in both directions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me ask all of you this,, where in the HELL is the speed limit 82 mph and higher,, plus most dealers are in the city, not on the exit ramp off the freeway..like I said,, go in with the clear exceptions that nobody drives the hellcat...

8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    something i never think about......had mine in over night and never thought to check it

mine will be going in soon for the fuel rail recall and coolant smell.....maybe ill use the black key

cant see valet mode...seems drastic to consider.....it is BS they took it over the speed limit...that id report

lack of respect for your car is what it is.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes it is lack of respect. But it's almost impossible to find respect these days especially when your car has 700+ HP. Everyone wants to drive the HC and naturally gonna punch it. Lots of open road here in Southwest Texas where I had mine worked on. I'm sure they took it out to check everything and took it up to 91. No big deal to me, radiator Install was fine along with everything else. They put a total of 8 or 10 miles on it. So no big deal

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What about rock chips,, sure they will fix it,, but now you have repaint issues...I'm sorry if I sound ocd, but I'm the one paying for this car,, if anyone is going to mess it up, it should be me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In a perfect world your 100% right. I would prefer to be the only one driving my car too. But just not logical in this situation. I had other places to be. But I hear what your saying

12. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After a good nights sleep with the car back safe in the garage I am over it (mostly)

I cleaned the dust off it last night and saw zero damage/scratches/anything. No spilled anti freeze anywhere.

In valet mode getting to 82 was not fun at all! In a perfect world no one would ever drive it, but that really is not reality. We have a couple live gps trackers for work and I almost put one in when I dropped it off, but didn't.

I am hoping for a call from the service manager today. (hopeful thinking on my part)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ramair111

ramair111 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The tech at my local dealer is a professional, I would not think of insulting him by leaving the black key if I could even find it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I leave my dealer the black key and in valet, i'm paying them to do their job not have fun. If they serviced it for free that's a different story, they are getting paid to service my car and hand it back.

I've seen 70mph so far, but i know in valet that isn't fun at all lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. nkdave

nkdave Sublime, black hood, M6

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The next time I leave my cat for service I'm going to leave the red key. I'm Not concerned that the tech will rod my car, there is no way in Hellcat hell they will rod it more than I do on a daily basis. If he wrecks it, the dealer can buy me a new one.