Radiator Replacement Without Fascia Removal- Challenger Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by gts_2001, May 28, 2016.

1. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I took my Challenger HC into the dealer last week for oil change and whatever computer flashes / updates were necessary. The SRT Tech performed the "gap test" along the sides of the radiator and it failed. I have not had any leaks so far at 2,700 miles. He was able to remove and replace the radiator without removing the front fascia (yay)! I'm posting this so that others who may be in the same boat are aware that the job can be done without front fascia removal. I suspect that many mechanics will insist on front fascia removal because it is easier and perhaps quicker. I also suspect that most owners, like myself, would rather not have the fascia removed if at all possible. Let this stand as a first hand report that the job can be done without fascia removal. By the way, there's not a scratch or blemish on my front fascia after the change out!

2. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Personally I couldn't care less if they removed the facia or not. What counts is putting everything back together properly.

I had my radiator done and I never even asked. Car is perfect but the tech. is super conscientious. I honestly don't think mine was removed (again not that I care) but I'll ask him out of curiosity next time I'm in.

• Agree Agree x 1