SRT Hellcat Forum banner

radio tuning help please

7K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  B5 Blue 
#1 ·
Not sure if anyone can help me out with this but I'll give it a shot.
I've just had the nav updated for European maps being UK based.
The problem is the radio will only tune to odd number frequencies. The tech guys that provided the map are telling me that the system is locked and they cannot provide an update for me to tune into even number frequencies which most UK radio stations are.
Does anyone know of a fix, your help would be very much appreciated.

#2 ·
I know what you mean. The radio is for North America, in the old days it took a coding change on Audi but even now we can't change the newer ones. For Dodge I don't know sorry.

#5 ·
It is software by Customtronix that not only will allow tuning to the even number stations, but its main feature is to unlock nav in motion, etc. I do not have experience with the product as I used a Lockpick to unlock my nav, but I found out about the RAX when I was doing my research. You will have to email them concerning specifics.

Customtronix

From their website:

WHAT IS YOU RADIO CONVERTER DOING, DO I MISS OUT STATIONS IF I DON’T HAVE A CONVERTER TO MY AMERICAN CAR RADIO?
The Radio Frequency converter shifts the FM band by – 0.1 Hz. For example, you want to tune in 103.2 MHz but the radio will only do 103.1 MHz and 103.3 MHz. In this case you will tune in 103.3 MHz in the radio display and press the button, this will give you 103.2 MHz. This means that if you not have a converter installed along with your American car radio, you are only able to listen to a fraction of all stations available in Europe.

#6 ·
Correction, the Jailbreak and radio converter are evidently different products by the same company (Customtronix). Best bet would be to contact them via email to see if they can accomplish all that you want.

#7 ·
Did you call Uconnect or if there are dealers across the pond?

#10 ·
You still should be able to buy a radio for Europe for the car a rebuilt unit I would think but still not cheap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.