Ram TRX Wish List

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram TRX' started by Cerino2000, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One thing I want is the availability to NOT have the red seat backs like all the current Rebels.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 222LessThenU

222LessThenU Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Amen, reminds me of my wife's old Caliber

3. carcrazyguy

carcrazyguy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A non supercharged 6.4 option! 485 hp will work for around town for us!

4. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The 6.4 is awesome and truly a lot of fun. I did a Mbrp exhaust and cold air intake K&N on my 2500 Limited. She's a lot of fun and hauls ass all day 80-90 nothing. And you can hear her a mile away and not embellishing lol. I may supercharge mine and she would be freaky big and fast, but will wait to see if the TRX comes available first.
    FFE88C00-8BC4-4315-AED9-A7CA38CF175D.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. carcrazyguy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Already told my dealer, that I will order one and trade my (2015 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4) and my wife's 2014 Ram R/T in when it shows up! That will leave me some room to add a Challenger T/A shortly there after!!!

Just hope they offer the TRX in Blue Streak Pearl so the wife is happy! Otherwise she won't turn loose of her Ram R/T.

6. HHCO

HHCO Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the ultimate garage hellcat car and hellcat truck

• Like Like x 1
  7. BroncoHound

BroncoHound Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Production. That's first and foremost on my wish list. Make the damned thing, FCA!

If they make it, I will have one.

From the concept model, I'd like the brushed aluminum-looking plastic on the front bumper and side skirts to be something else; either black, color matched, or metal. Other than that, just roll the damned thing off the assembly line so I can put my deposit down.

8. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I gotta say...I've been thinking that for a few years now. Why they can't just drop the regular ol 392 motor in it? Maybe cam it slightly different for truck duties. I'd have already bought one had they done this. My 2014 Ram does just fine but you'll not likely hear me ever say the sentence 'this thing has too much power" in my lifetime.

9. BroncoHound

BroncoHound Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They've been putting the 392 in the 2500 pickup for a couple model years now as an option if someone doesn't want the Cummins but needs more than the 345 can push out.

10. USAFPILOT

USAFPILOT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They have to put the ventilated seats in it or I'm out. It is too hot in IAH to not have them.

11. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
  12. B5Blue6M

B5Blue6M Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, and its only 15 more horse than the 5.7 they put in 1500 Rams. We want the SRT 392 in it which is 485 horse. Totally different motors.

13. BroncoHound

BroncoHound Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You're right, the SRT 392 and the 6.4L truck motors don't share much in common. The 6.4L MD and HD motors were completely gone through to beef them up for reliability under harsh conditions; something someone with a pickup truck would surely appreciate. Are you telling me you'd rather have a high revving car motor in a 6000-7000lbs 4wd pickup truck? Why? And if that's truly what you're looking for, the SRT Grand Cherokee has a 7000lbs tow rating; why not buy one of those?

I guess I fail to understand why someone would want to opt for the SRT 392 motor rather than the Hellcat motor in the TRX concept. Particularly on this forum, where we've all seen firsthand what the Hellcat motor is capable of in the low end. The Hellcat engine has already been beefed up in the bottom end when compared to the Apache 392 SRT motor, so it has already accomplished what the 6.4L truck engine set out to do but with ~100 more horsepower and torque (understanding the torque numbers from the concept haven't been published so that's speculation). If they can get a 4wd drivetrain to handle the power reliably, I don't see any reason to offer an SRT 392 in a half ton pickup; go straight for the Hellcat and get what you REALLY want.

14. carcrazyguy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The "black" Rebel that they announced is no where near the design of the TRX concept in the way of a "Raptor competitor". It does not have the wider stance or the suspension mods needed to compare or compete with the Raptor.

As for why anyone would want the 6.4 over the 6.2 supercharged motor. I don't plan to drag race a 4wd lifted, 4 door pickup. The N/A, imo, would be a better daily driver option for a truck that size. My main reason for wanting the TRX is for for a large truck for my wife to drive (bigger/taller/safer) and for winter duty. So again a 6.4 485hp motor is plenty for the way we will use the truck. It is also about the same as what they used in the previous generation Raptors. Even if I was off-roading it I don't see the need for the supercharger unless I plan to sand drag or mud bog it. I highly doubt many will be spending the coin on one for those purposes.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  15. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    But what the black edition does do is it gets rid of the red seat backs in a ram rebel. My very first item on this wish list. That tells me that if this TRX becomes available, they will likely have the ability for no red seat backs. All cool for me.

For the power plants: I gotta think there is some potential for this TRX to become real and if it does, sign me up. But if it doesn't, it was never the 392 motor that I want. It's the 485 horsepower. The optional bigger motor over the 5.7 but with genuine performance increase over the 5.7.